• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

L4D [H] Private Server

@langly

Yes but why? Personal experience? Do share?

Playing in leagues for different games. Its night and day between gameservers and other rental companies.

When we rented through them, they overloaded the servers hosting too many instances per box so there were many hiccups. Routing to where they host was pretty bad too on a seattle server when I lived in washington.

I've rented/had teams rent from fpsgameservers, NFo, velocity, hypernia and from gameservers. Gameservers was just... meh.

I won't plug one of the other companies, but its your call on the server. I was just saying thanks but no thanks :D Thankfully, L4D I can run a private L4D server from home right now and it plays nicely for people without any problems. Just gotta have the bandwidth and bam good to go.
 
count me in.....hopefully ill be playing this next weekend im on vacation right now
 
Playing in leagues for different games. Its night and day between gameservers and other rental companies.

When we rented through them, they overloaded the servers hosting too many instances per box so there were many hiccups. Routing to where they host was pretty bad too on a seattle server when I lived in washington.

I've rented/had teams rent from fpsgameservers, NFo, velocity, hypernia and from gameservers. Gameservers was just... meh.

I won't plug one of the other companies, but its your call on the server. I was just saying thanks but no thanks :D Thankfully, L4D I can run a private L4D server from home right now and it plays nicely for people without any problems. Just gotta have the bandwidth and bam good to go.

Ah okay :)
 
yeah i'll give it a shot tonight as well. it's even west coast based :)
 
Back
Top