• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

L3360 vs Q9550S

Jesus christ that's one hell of a deal. Not only is the L3360 cheaper in your case it is better then the Q9550S because it's design uses lower voltage and can at times clock better due to higher max load temp (all server cpus have higher load temp max then their desktop counterpart). Hell yes return and get the L3360.
 
Looks interesting.
Maybe intel has some SlickDeals members in it's ranks and likes to float some hot deals every once in awhile. Kinda like there are 3 or 4 different mobile CPU's that are 2GHz 800MHz FSB. They are all identical, except the naming convention is different. I think one of them might support Virtualization.
 
Nice, ordered it up from nextdaypc.com for $257.12.

Oddly enough I got the idea from a newegg.com review for the Q9550S. Sucks that the guy didnt post it until after I placed my order... LOL

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115210

Great for overclocking

white Reviewed By: Cool Runner on 3/29/2009
Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5Rating + 5
Tech Level Tech Level: somewhat high - Ownership: 1 week to 1 month

Pros: This thing runs fast and cool. The price premium is well worth it for the overclocking ability. I run my 2.83 GH at 3.4 GH and can't even get the fan out of low speed! You could easily run this at 4 GH with a reasonable fan. I am blown away by it!

I am switching to Vista Ultimate 64 now that my box is more capable. With the ex
Cons: The heat sensor seems to run a little low, but that could be because I actually have an L3360, not a Q9550s.
Other Thoughts: The Egg didn't have this when I bought, so I found a Xeon L3360 instead from another vendor. The only difference between the two is the L3360 does not have Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) enabled. You need to do careful searching on Intel's site to confirm this, but don't go by the information on other sites. There is a lot of misinformation out there.
 
Back
Top