L246WP issue with HDMI Xbox 360, need help please!

Four Wude

n00b
Hey guys, new to the forum. I recently purchased a L246WP monitor due to fairly good reviews overall from a bunch of places. I really love this monitor, however I have an issue with the calibration of my Xbox 360 through HDMI, and I could not find the answer in the official thread.

Most people recommend to run the monitor in sRGB mode as it seems to have an issue with the black levels going below 63. However, I am only allowed to select sRGB mode if a DVI/PC source is hooked up to the HDMI input. An Xbox 360 hooked up through HDMI directly to the monitor gets treated as a regular HDMI source, and thus I have the basic TV calibration options, not the PC ones. As a result, my options for black level are limited. I spent a lot of time trying to calibrate this set with basic eye coordination and several test images from Lagom and other places. The best possible settings I could achieve without black crush are these:

Contrast: 52
Brightness: 54
Color: 50
Sharpness: 63

Xbox 360's black level is set to Standard.

I have no idea as to how I should calibrate the color setting as I do not have a blue filter. If somebody knows the correct setting, please inform me.

I have two questions for you:

1. Is there a way to get the monitor to treat the Xbox 360 as a PC source in order for me to select sRGB mode through HDMI, WITHOUT using the VGA cable?

2. If not, is there a list of proven settings for the Xbox 360 that are more accurate than mine while hooked up to HDMI, even if it involves messing around with the service menu?

Thanks a lot for the help, this is the only place I can hope for an answer.

Back