l1ght's WaterCooled V600

it would be hot if you can make your fan grill on the top of the case into a radiator for your water cooling system. that would make a very crazy system.

Okay, I finally got around to hooking up my x1950xtx up to my water loop. While I was at it, I neatened up the wiring a bit. CPU idles at 25-26c and the GPU is around 32c.

snip*

Nice looking system dude. I might be doing a build with this case very soon and I want to ask a couple of questions.

How much clearance between the CPU socket and PSU? Will a regular HSF fit properly or would I have to get some sort of low profile HSF?

Would a modular PSU be more beneficial than a traditional one...?

And exactly how big is the V600 because I need something small enough for a true desktop. Last thing, does light bleed out from the front? I noticed you don't have cold cathodes so I'm not sure if you'd notice anything.

I know its alot of questions but I'm seriously thinking about this case. Thanks for the help if you can.

Dark Prodigy said:
Nice looking system dude. I might be doing a build with this case very soon and I want to ask a couple of questions.

How much clearance between the CPU socket and PSU? Will a regular HSF fit properly or would I have to get some sort of low profile HSF?

Would a modular PSU be more beneficial than a traditional one...?

And exactly how big is the V600 because I need something small enough for a true desktop. Last thing, does light bleed out from the front? I noticed you don't have cold cathodes so I'm not sure if you'd notice anything.

I know its alot of questions but I'm seriously thinking about this case. Thanks for the help if you can.

Stock HSF's should fit fine. I recommend searching the forum for other v600 threads to find the exact measurements. There isn't much space there, I had to use 90 degree elbows on my water block. If your looking for aftermarket HSF's, I believe the Zalman 7700 is the best your gonna get that will fit in there. But again, there are other threads that have discussed this much more in depth.

I would highly recommend a modular PSU, there really isn't anywhere to go with the extra cables.

I don't really know what to compare it to for size. It is a very small case, compared to other towers. I do have some pics comparing it to a MicroFly, if you would like to see them.

Light can bleed through, but I don't have anything bright inside. I can see the LED's if I look close.

Thanks for the quick responses. And yes I would like to see the pic size comparisons to the MicroFly. And a normal PSU obviously will fit, I'm thinking of using a Hiper modular PSU. And is the other side panel able to come off...

Of course the other side panel comes off, lol.

snip*

V600 vs MicroFly Pics. The V600 has 100% better build quality and is 100% easier to work in.

ill probally get one and that pc u have must be quiet with the only fan being the psu nice mod and its like a pocket gaming machine

How noisy is that pump? My Swiftech MCP350 was louder than I could tolerate. Much louder than the 3 120mm Nexus fans cooling my system now.

aburgard said:
How noisy is that pump? My Swiftech MCP350 was louder than I could tolerate. Much louder than the 3 120mm Nexus fans cooling my system now.
I can't hear it. The only way I know it is on is by touching it or by watching the water in the res.

L1ght has done a great job on this case. I purchased a V600 recently because of all the successful projects like this one. I'm only WCing the CPU and made the decison to squeeze a low profile radiator in the upper exhaust. I went with a Black Ice GTS120-XFLOW. By all accounts it will fit given the changes I'm making to the fan bracket.

I have everything accounted for except a good low profile AM2 CPU water block. The V600 projects in this forum have helped me immensely. I'll post pics in the appropriate thread when it is done. t

seems like theres a few v600 watercolled mainly germans but none of them are nowhere near as neat as yours ive got one in black :D and am thinking of watercooling but most have a 120x3 rad on top i want to be different so im gona have to think out of the box :cool:

FYI the MDVA is a product made by a guy here on the forums. It's an audio spectrum analyzer, but rather than just being a series of bars going up and down... The frequency displays are arranged in a circular pattern.

It's really a nice touch, as it's still thin enough to mount 2 HD's behind, and get a cool audio effect.

I can post a piccy of it from my cellphone camera if you'd like.

V600 vs MicroFly Pics. The V600 has 100% better build quality and is 100% easier to work in.

I can confirm that except I'd probably say 200%. Also, fix the pics please :p . I also used to have a very nice water cooled stacker but it was just to big. I want to try and fit a 1x120mm radiator in the outtake fan spot.

One of my favorite V600's is back in pictures. It makes me wonder if the Koolance external would fit on top of a V600A? Obviously I prefer the smaller enclosures. Gotta measure.

This is sweet. I have a V600 that I was thinking of using the Apogee block on. I was concerned about the clearance, but if you could do with the Storm, then the Apogee should be OK. Thanks for giving us V600 owners hope.

Back