L-shaped mostly slim case?

ubersoph

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
70
Just wondering if any companies ever made a case that was slim, but L-shaped around the PCI slots. basically, it would be able to use full height PCI cards while being otherwise slim.

Does such a thing exist?
 
I don't think so. I don't think that would be too appealing on the eyes either. You'd probably want a small case with a riser for a full size card.

And cases that I can think of that could have gone that route instead used the space above the cpu/io plate as a spot for the psu.
 
That is... odd.

Basically a normal case only with the psu on the bottom instead of the top. Turn it on it's side, and then put a little "shelf" on with ports and ability to mount a monitor.

I... I have trouble thinking of what exactly they're trying to market this for. Point-of-Sale terminals? Only think that I can think of.
 
That is... odd.

Basically a normal case only with the psu on the bottom instead of the top. Turn it on it's side, and then put a little "shelf" on with ports and ability to mount a monitor.

I... I have trouble thinking of what exactly they're trying to market this for. Point-of-Sale terminals? Only think that I can think of.
It may also be a decent option for dorms/bedrooms/tiny apts. You can probably fit a 27" LCD on there, maybe even a 32" (?)

Hmm, I wonder what kind of mounting mechanism it uses for that LCD, and is that hardware included? The case will supposedly go for around $74 usd.

The user comments on the last page of this review are mind numbing, you stole my !%! PC design ?!%!
 
Just wondering if any companies ever made a case that was slim, but L-shaped around the PCI slots. basically, it would be able to use full height PCI cards while being otherwise slim.

Does such a thing exist?
Appart from the L-shaped box already referred to above, I have never seen such a thing...

And, unless you actually want to run a full-height GPU in such a case (which would be a bad idea to begin with, since airflow is a mess with that case shape), you wouldn't need it either: you can get just about anything in a half-height form format, or have the motherboard do it itself (GPUs and sound cards, mostly, but low-wattage GPUs can be had in half-height versions most of the time).

You can, however, build one yourself :D ATX form factor measurements are available at formfactors.org, so that should not be a serious problem. (Yes, I have the "BYOC" bug...:eek:)

Cheers.

Miguel
 
Back
Top