l computers

Trekerboy

Limp Gawd
I'm not sure if this is common knowlegde or not but have you guys seen http://www.go-l.com/home/index.htm ? The computers on there are amazing, especially the displays. The way they integrate a unique logo on each system is pretty neat too. Take a look at the 92'' displays while you're there ;)

very nice. but i say us people at the forums could build a better computer than the ones they offer.

[H] love. represent.

Originally posted by ADINSX
that 92" monitor is a steal at 18000 dollars

oh wait.

yea it would be too much work to buy 4 2001fp monitors and line them up next to eachother. and for the extra 14,000 it is held up by 2 stands instead of 4.

what a great deal.

and how are they gonna sell a desktop for $3,500 that comes with 256mb of ram?

Originally posted by jamestime88
Umm, I'd like to buy one of those Pentiums with a million jiggahurtz. I don't have a budget.

I hate idiot consumers.

So anyone know anyone that actually has an L computer? I used to think they were a scam, then they appeared at Comdex and I was proved wrong, but still, I haven't heard of anyone actually owning one.

*yawns*

Isn't "L" the company that turned out to be fake, and a rip-off, and a scam?

how are they gonna sell a desktop for $3,500 that comes with 256mb of ram?

lol good point.

I dont think they are fake... They have pop-up ads all over the internet.

lol, yeah, that's pretty laughable...

at least they give you phase-change cooling.

Maximum PC reviewed a Go-L computer a couple months ago....you should see the horrible wiring job in that thing, i it were air cooled there'd he mega meltdowns. That pu-ram that it advertised, an 80 gig flash drive would potentially cost something like 18 thousand dollars.....or maybe it was an 18 gig for 80 thousand dollars...cant remember...meh. for the cost you could get a f-in schweet copmuter that could out perform a Go-l computer of the same price. or build your own for that matter. on top of that they stack their like 4 HDD's right on top of eachother!! those things'll fry in no time. try looking for this review on the Maximum PC website. they had a pic of the inside and it looked HORRIBLE!!! plus the damn thing weighs like 80 lbs

Presenting the Mach 3.8 Personal SuperComputer featuring a never before seen collection of technical breakthroughs in both hardware and software design. It is the world's most radically engineered, groundbreaking, and fastest personal computing powerhouse ever built. No other PC in its category comes close to it. Nothing. Period. Truly, unlike any other .... Engineered from the ground up with blistering performance and high-end capabilities in mind, the revolutionary Mach 3.8 is a giant leap in personal computing, incorporating both supercomputing technologies and industry first original hardware designs. It is the first Super-BIOS™ (IBPT) and PuRam™ Technology featured personal computer configurable WITHOUT a System Hard Drive with all operating system and program files permanently sitting a on a Flash RamDisk. It operates at the speed of the maximum available memory bandwidth up to 8.5GB/s and is capable of over 150,000 I/O requests per second, with an average of 0.0% CPU utilization. No Hard Disk design, not even 15.000RPM SCSI devices in multiple RAID cofigurations can come close to providing a fraction of the real-world performance of PuRam™ Technology. It is also the first commercially available Personal SuperComputer with an Accelerated Front Side Bus speed of 950MHz** taking Intel's Pentium 4 CPU to speeds 3.8GHz*. It is the first widely available personal computer using Intelligent Bios Priority Threading Technology (IBPT) allied to Asetek's Enhanced Sub-Zero Vapor Compression CPU Cooling Architecture. widely available personal computer using Intelligent Bios Priority Threading Technology (IBPT) allied to Asetek's Enhanced Sub-Zero Vapor Compression CPU Cooling Architecture. This is the first personal computer taking full advantage of up to 566Mhz Dual-Channel DDR memory with over 8.4GB/s bandwidth, the first with up to 2 Terabytes of storage capacity, and the first featuring enhanced CacheFlow™ Memory Technology. The Mach 3.8 does not just beat the competition. It is a class of its own, a unique machine of unthinkable capabilities, radically shattering all competition.
?!?? christ! i almost fell asleep reading this PR drivel. that my friend, is a nice steamy pile of bullsh!t. i think someone with a lot of money is trying very very hard to rip off someone else with a lot of money here. meh. screw that...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by DatHak512
?!?? christ! i almost fell asleep reading this PR drivel. that my friend, is a nice steamy pile of bullsh!t. i think someone with a lot of money is trying very very hard to rip off someone else with a lot of money here. meh. screw that...:rolleyes:

Nope. It's real. Reviewed, and they were at compudex.

It's a bunch of marking babble, but it's real.

heh.. well, okay. but it's still a lot of money, no?
what can i say... the consumer's descision (spelling) is thiers and theirs alone... so more power to them, let's just hope they can wade through all the PR!

If anyone watches TechTV's The ScreenSavers (that's how I found out about [H]ardOCP), they actually got one in to test a few months ago. They said the quality of the case is very poor. The LCD on it broke off pretty easy and had poor construction on it. But they did like the Grand Canyon moniter. In conclusion, you can get the same performace or even better if you just built your own and for way cheaper too. And the Grand Canyon moniter is one of a kind but very pricey.

Back