L.A. Noire full trailer.

VoodooChi|d

[H]ard|Gawd
When I saw the "teaser" trailer for this game I have to say it really sparked my interest. Being a fan of noire films like "Chinatown" this idea of a 1940's Los Angelos sounded like a great idea for a game. Anyway the full trailer is out and I must say I'm even more excited to see how this game turns out.

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/

Beat me to posting this. A "detective thriller" set in 40s LA looks like fun. This is the first game that I have seen that makes me sad to be a Sony hater. Hoping for a 360 port at some point. :D

Download the HD trailer - 104 MB.

Yeah, I've always liked this sort of game. Would like to see a port, but if not no matter as I'll probably pick up a PS3 some time in 2008 when prices are a little more reasonable.

Baredor said:
Beat me to posting this. A "detective thriller" set in 40s LA looks like fun. This is the first game that I have seen that makes me sad to be a Sony hater. Hoping for a 360 port at some point. :D

Download the HD trailer - 104 MB.
I got it before IGN or any other site had it... I've been checking the rockstar page every 30 mins today...

Duh I downloaded the HD trailer...

I've *heard* there *might* be a 360 port. But either way by the time that happens most people will already have the *other* system(s). This is definately a game that makes me glad I'm getting the PS3 first.

VoodooChi|d said:
Duh I downloaded the HD trailer...

Was directed at everyone else moreso than yourself... ;)

VoodooChi|d said:
I've *heard* there *might* be a 360 port.

I would think there would be, even if after PS3 release. It only makes business sense. At this point, I would say putting all your eggs in the Sony basket could be mildy dangerous. That's not another Sony jab - just an assessment.

It's still listed as a PS3 exclusive so there's no reason to think it will come to 360... I heard it as a maybe on another forum so there's basically no validity to that statement...

I don't think it coming to 360 would have anything to do with putting all your eggs in one basket though. PS3 will do fine.

Looks interesting.

...those Getaway guys sure know how to make a game look pretty, though.

VoodooChi|d said:
It's still listed as a PS3 exclusive so there's no reason to think it will come to 360... I heard it as a maybe on another forum so there's basically no validity to that statement...
Theres always the past to look to as a precedent. Sure, all the other GTA games started on PS2, but they (almost) all ended up on Xbox, later rather than sooner, but hey.

Even if it has an exclusivity contract, as someone else said, it simply makes business sense to put it on any and every platform you can.

I'm really looking forward to how this game turns out. I am also a huge fan of Noir type movies. (Chinatown, Blade Runner, and older films like White heat/Angels with dirty faces).

I loved games like Mafia (IMO about the best game set in the older era) and Max Payne (very noir feeling story).

I hope this game keeps the atmosphere presented in the trailer throughout the entire game and isn't just a re-skinned GTA set in the 1940's.

Back