Kyle's got Haswell...

Me too on all counts. Still running 2600k, can't wait till Sunday, will likely be upgrading soon. :)

Except for the already has a Haswell thing. I wish.

How well will these perform?
I mean will it beat out my current processor 3930k?
I have it overclocked to 3.7GHz ATM.

How well will these perform?
I mean will it beat out my current processor 3930k?
I have it overclocked to 3.7GHz ATM.

Given the amount of money you spent on that you're probably going to want to wait for Ivy Bridge-E or Haswell-E unless you've got money to burn.

Heh, I was going to say... Not so sneaky picture posting!

I just sold my my i7 920 and mobo in anticipation. I figure if haswell is great, I'll buy it. If not, then I'll pick up a cheap 3770 from somewhere. Either way, I can't wait. This is my first new build since 2009, i've got the itch bad.

I just sold my my i7 920 and mobo in anticipation. I figure if haswell is great, I'll buy it. If not, then I'll pick up a cheap 3770 from somewhere. Either way, I can't wait. This is my first new build since 2009, i've got the itch bad.

And that's what I'm looking forward to the most with Haswell. Used Ivy Bridge quads for cheap.

wow. I definitely missed the hint when I looked at the picture this morning.
I will probably be skipping haswell because I don't see a need beyond the oc'd 2500k.

So, based on the limited info we've seen it seems to clock similarly to IB. 1.4v is pretty high too. Not really seeing anything that's compelling me to swap away from my 2500K, though I'll wait for a full review. Chances are i'll stick to my 2500k.

And that's what I'm looking forward to the most with Haswell. Used Ivy Bridge quads for cheap.

Me too! Yesterday I just ordered a used sandy i5 from someone who's upgrading. I love that I can buy an awesome i5 without giving money directly to Intel. This is also the only way I could find an upgrade for my siggy riggy for under $135.

5ghz average overclocks is when i will upgrade my 3570k and both cards. Overclocking my 930 was a lot of fun but overclocking the 3570k was really boring. Hopefully ocing haswell will be a bit more complicated than ivybridges!

Looks like I need to actually pay attention to the OC ability. Having moved to Linux, I find that Wine only supports single core affinity, so it's gotta be fast. So much for mini-itx this time around!

Why are you writing off mini-ITX? There are plenty of ITX boards that overclock well if that is your worry.

Looks like I need to actually pay attention to the OC ability. Having moved to Linux, I find that Wine only supports single core affinity, so it's gotta be fast. So much for mini-itx this time around!

That's why I use Virtual-Box. It kicks ass for Windows inside Ubuntu.

(not affiliated with Oracle).

Back