Kyle VS Anand on the 3870X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And oh yeah ElmoIsEvil...I do play in the TWL and I do turn AA/AF off when competing, but guess what single player rounds I want all my eye candy turned on. You seriously believe that the majority of gamers don't care about eye candy you have to be kidding me. All over the internet games are now reviewed more on how they look vs gameplay which is not good, but that is the trend nowadays...everybody here will attest to that. Not sure what planet you've been living in man.

I've visited otehr sites such like anandtech, and xtreme systems and still prefer the way [H] presents their information and results. Just because I prefer [H]'s style that doesn't mean I need to go (or have gone) to those sites to spew crap. If you guys don't like the way it was done go buy the damn card and post your results and methodology. Otherwise all of you can STFU...

totally off topic but.... you're named after my most favoritus fps in da whole wide world...i must kill you and assume your identity.

Since when is HardOCP a respected site?

Ask any engineer, scientist or professional and they will tell you that HardOCP is NOT respected. In fact we at xtremesystems, xtremeCPU and other "knowledge based" communities shun HardOCP.

HardOCP goes on the assumption that we all use Alienware Curved screen DLP Monitors running at insane resolutions.

Another side note is that if you take a survey from gamers on those that use AA (not AF just AA) you'll find that Gamers in the majority don't use AA. Professional Gamers such as fatal1ty don't use AA.

Real World? AA and AF tests belong in the image quality segment of a review. Oh well. I'm Happy Anandtech has responded to HardOCP.. I've been doing that for some time now and it's good to see the industry finally telling HardOCP where to stick their FOX news style fair and balanced reviews.

Wow that was harsh.
I think this is REALLY getting out of hand concerning a video card review people.

Since nobody really WROTE a book on benchmarking bleeding edge technology, there really is no STANDARD to how it is done.
In the 10 years of surfing HardOCP I've yet to really experience "FOX NEWS" style of reviewing hardware.

I'd seriously think of retracting that statement since there really is no specific set rules or standards on which to benchmark hardware.

It's almost like every single fanboy has come out of the closet from both sides and are using this whole scenario to bitch and moan about why my dog is better then your dog.

If you want to believe that watching a movie is the same as playing a game, then by all means throw your money in with the other sites.

I hope [H] never changes their philosophy.

Ask any engineer, scientist or professional and they will tell you that HardOCP is NOT respected. In fact we at xtremesystems, xtremeCPU and other "knowledge based" communities shun HardOCP.

HardOCP goes on the assumption that we all use Alienware Curved screen DLP Monitors running at insane resolutions.

Another side note is that if you take a survey from gamers on those that use AA (not AF just AA) you'll find that Gamers in the majority don't use AA. Professional Gamers such as fatal1ty don't use AA.

Real World? AA and AF tests belong in the image quality segment of a review. Oh well. I'm Happy Anandtech has responded to HardOCP.. I've been doing that for some time now and it's good to see the industry finally telling HardOCP where to stick their FOX news style fair and balanced reviews.

are you serious? you're comparing XS to H and then saying Hardocp thinks everyone uses an alien ware curved monitor at insane resolutions?
first of all, most of what I've seen on XS have mostly been subjects and mods that 99% of enthusiasts won't even do, ln2 cooling, volt modding, 3dmark records, super pi records. so before you go off ranting about what [H] does you should stop and look at where you're coming from. [H] relates to way more people then the niche that XS is.(don't get me wrong, XS is a great site & forum.)

Of course the people at XS don't care about AA, that would lower their 3dmark scores :rolleyes:

As someone else just said, comparing XS to H is like comparing apples to watermelons... XS is all about crazy cooling and super pi/3dmark scores, while people who come to H like to play their video games. Completely different demographics.

Anyways, this isn't the first time Elmoisevil has lashed out here, or so many people making accounts just to bitch for that matter. Preach it all you want fellas, I just don't know why you come to the source with your moaning when you know it's going to go unheard :confused::confused: If you had a legitimate complaint then it will be heard, but acting like an asshole doesn't get you very far here... kind of like anywhere else in the world.

I guess that means I'm not really an engineer?:rolleyes:

You're welcome to go back to XS...

[H]'s reviews are ment for the average gamers. If some l33t forums don't like that, then I'd like to remind them that they are not [H]'s target audience. [H] hit the nail pretty accurate when they formed their reviews about how much eyecandy you can get within acceptable performance. Thats what's important for a casual gamer. A pro gamer would probably sacrifice PQ for increased visibility of enemies and try to obtain highest framerate at any costs. Casual gamers want eyecandy.

Still, they should have tried it with beta 32-bit drivers instead of beta 64-bit drivers. Most run their games on 32-bit systems and the 64-bit drivers might be inferior for all we know.

Hehe, seems as though Elmo is holding a grudge for a while now. I found this while eating dinner with the kids. If this guy is a magazine columnist, I would love to read his stuff. Someone please post a link.

Well... they need to REALLY be exposed. We need to somehow convert their readers so that they look beyond their personal preferences and towards essential rights and wrongs.

HardOCP needs to somehow pay for all the mis-information they're spreading.

And...

I sorta have a reputation for exposing lies, so don't get me wrong

And...

It has come to my attention that many sites seem to not post the whole story (regarding Hardware reviews). They omit game results that would show their sponsors in a bad light (at least that's my observation and reviewing sponsored products in the first place seems shady to me). Now I don't want to make any accusations just yet but take the info I'm giving you bellow at face value. Before I start I have to make a confession. I currently only own Geforce 8 series cards (2x8800GTX + 1x8800GTS) I thought I should mention this beforehand.

I'm concerned primarily with these entities:

HardOCP
FalconNorthwest
Fudzilla
Bjorn3D

And...

So why does HardOCP (mentioned above) only test on those games which are known to show the Radeon HD 2900XT in a bad light? (games which are the least popular as well because it just so happens that DAAMIT optimize for more popular games where as nVIDIA do so for TWIMTBP titles) And why does HardOCP not test mainly those other games I mentioned which are more popular thus being played by us gamers and enthusiasts?

And...

It seems that Kyle Bennett (yes I got in a HUGE argument with him over this) won't admit to using un-popular games that seem to only paint one side of the story.

A huge argument that I don't even remember? Have we met?

and..

FUDzilla, HardOCP, Bjorn3D... what's the difference? They're all B.S.

Elmo, I will say this, thanks for continuing to give us page hits so we can keep everyone paid and the BS rolling out at a steady rate. ;) Great stuff bro. I am glad we can write tech articles that evoke so much emotion. Maybe we put together a screenplay?????

You know, I normally do not comment on this kind of stuff but I do take issue with people trying to imply that Anand is evil / bad because he tests his cards differently than we do or vice versa.

It is painfully obvious that some people WANT to see controversy where there is none and they keep posting over and over and over until they stir something up.

Do we test differently than other sites? Yup, and have done so for years.

Do we get drastically different results from our method of testing? Sometimes we do.

that does NOT mean other people are bad-evil-terrible etc. etc. etc.. It simply means we believe in testing products in a manner they would be used in the real world. Nobody has to be "wrong" to do things different.

That Dyno vs. Road Test analogy earlier was spot on.

So Kyle

For those of us who ordered the visontek 3870x2 for $380 can you think of a card that would have b een a better value at a similar price

So Kyle

For those of us who ordered the visontek 3870x2 for $380 can you think of a card that would have b een a better value at a similar price

where'd you get them for 380? newegg wanted $450 plus tax and shipping.

So Kyle

8800 gts top would have been a better value, why don't you do some research.

So Kyle

As per our conclusion.

The 3870 X2 is a good value at $449, but the GeForce 8800 GTX is a better value if you can find one on sale like those linked above and don’t mind the MIR. If pricing settles out around the $400 - $420 mark, the ATI HD 3870 X2 is going to be that much more of an attractive video card.

dude, those suckers won't ship for 7-21 days. what date did they quote you? i saw the same ad but i wanted mine asap. plus who knows how long microcenter will honor that price.

I pick mine up next wensday. They already told me. I live 15 minutes from the store.

So no shipping for me.. The dude at the store told me it was only $15 off the price it normaly is . I thin kwe will see the other cards at $400 as soon as the launch phase ends

I pick mine up next wensday. They already told me. I live 15 minutes from the store.

So no shipping for me.. The dude at the store told me it was only $15 off the price it normaly is . I thin kwe will see the other cards at $400 as soon as the launch phase ends

You don't have any proof. so why don't you get the guy to sign up to the forums and let him tell us himself if the card is really going to be selling for that price, otherwise its just speculation

You don't have any proof. so why don't you get the guy to sign up to the forums and let him tell us himself if the card is really going to be selling for that price, otherwise its just speculation

just telling you what the guy said to me.

Yo ucan believe it or not. I never said you had to believe me.

But yea sucks for you not being able to get a good price on a video card

So, if some random guy read this thread, and decided to start a new account just to say he works for microcenter and that yes, they will be selling them for around $400 at regular pricing, you would just believe that post?

So, if some random guy read this thread, and decided to start a new account just to say he works for microcenter and that yes, they will be selling them for around $400 at regular pricing, you would just believe that post?

I would have kyle or brent run his ip and make sure its coming from microcenter

Easier said then done. I've tried several times now to get Bennett to answer about making a test with same setup with the 32-bit beta drivers instead of the 64-bit beta. No answer. Doubt you'd get him to run an ip trace then. :p

Easier said then done. I've tried several times now to get Bennett to answer about making a test with same setup with the 32-bit beta drivers instead of the 64-bit beta. No answer. Doubt you'd get him to run an ip trace then. :p

right cause guys at microcenter have net acess . They use a pos that only allows them to read work email

Oh you would would you? I love nubs coming out of the woodworks (he signed up yesterday) and start *%%*. Rofl its prob that lame dell engineer.

Seriously, if you made an account to post in this thread you are super lame, these guys (Kyle, ect) owe you nothing, and you sit back and blast them why?
Because you are a super lame fanboy. Kyle, can you just close this thread and send these idiots packing? I commend you for having the professionalism
dealing with these people who just want to start drama, I know I couldn't.

Oh you would would you? I love nubs coming out of the woodworks (he signed up yesterday) and start *%%*. Rofl its prob that lame dell engineer.

If I owned a successful computer hardware website, I know I would personally bend over backwards for people who sign up on my forum just to tell me how much my reviews suck :rolleyes:

I swear, every review that [H] makes, worse and worse people come out of the woodwork. Sometimes I definitely believe that the anonymous curse of the internet is so much worse than any blessings the internet has brought :(

I guess gljvd ordering it isn't enough proof for you? It's listed on their website, it's not a conspiracy.... man.

Maybe they should run YOUR IP... I'm thinking.... Aztec61. There's a name I won't forget anytime soon.

I swear, every review that [H] makes, worse and worse people come out of the woodwork.

Yup, its amusing to see how many people sign up around the time of a new card review just to bitch about the review.

I don't understand why people gripe so much. There are plenty of options out there and if you prefer a certain method of testing, go to where it is. I don't think there is a right or wrong in this situation but rather, multiple ways of reaching a conclusion.

Seriously, if you made an account to post in this thread you are super lame, these guys (Kyle, ect) owe you nothing, and you sit back and blast them why?
Because you are a super lame fanboy. Kyle, can you just close this thread and send these idiots packing? I commend you for having the professionalism
dealing with these people who just want to start drama, I know I couldn't.

I just reported this post to Kyle.

If I owned a successful computer hardware website, I know I would personally bend over backwards for people who sign up on my forum just to tell me how much my reviews suck :rolleyes:

I swear, every review that [H] makes, worse and worse people come out of the woodwork. Sometimes I definitely believe that the anonymous curse of the internet is so much worse than any blessings the internet has brought :(

I guess gljvd ordering it isn't enough proof for you? It's listed on their website, it's not a conspiracy.... man.

Maybe they should run YOUR IP... I'm thinking.... Aztec61. There's a name I won't forget anytime soon.

He stated that the x2 will stay at 400 dollars once this current deal expires which i highly doubt.

Business on this forum is strictly prohibited unless you have gone through the process with Kyle. He would be all over someone claiming to work for someone and not.

Noseguard, You need something better to do. If you doubt that then by all means doubt it. I don't think anyone really cares. Also Kyle I applaud you for dealing with this in such a manner.

I just reported this post to Kyle.

LoL ok, I'm pretty sure he's going to read it in this thread which is why I wrote it. Report back to where you came from. If you signed up here to help people or be a benefit to the community then good, if you signed up to be a drama queen, call out long time members here, or just be a general nuisance, then your efforts are not needed here, and you should do us all the favor of just leaving.

Report that

LoL ok, I'm pretty sure he's going to read it in this thread which is why I wrote it. Report back to where you came from. If you signed up here to help people or be a benefit to the community then good, if you signed up to be a drama queen, call out long time members here, or just be a general nuisance, then your efforts are not needed here, and you should do us all the favor of just leaving.

Report that

come on man. lol. Lets not take anything out of context, but this a messageboard so there is no need for you to get all bent out of shape. Go outside and get some fresh air, maybe get a girlfriend, but don't let what is said here stress you out. Its not worth it

come on man. lol. Lets not take anything out of context, but this a messageboard so there is no need for you to get all bent out of shape. Go outside and get some fresh air, maybe get a girlfriend, but don't let what is said here stress you out. Its not worth it

LOL

1)Its a forum
2)Read all the posts you have made, who's stressed out/bent out of shape? If it wasn't worth it why did you sign up?
3)"Maybe get a G/F?" You can't be any more lame

/Sigh, People are so lame these days

LOL

1)Its a forum
2)Read all the posts you have made, who's stressed out/bent out of shape? If it wasn't worth it why did you sign up?
3)"Maybe get a G/F?" You can't be any more lame

++

Agreed!

As I'm sure many have already said....ITS A VIDEO CARD PEOPLE!...not the Second Coming!

What happens 3 months from now when a new card is released? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back