KVM Woes

haileris

Limp Gawd
Hi

Anyone have any experience of getting a KVM to work with higher end graphics cards. O have two DVI KVM's lying around (Avocent, Belkin) but neither work - more below.

In both cases these work fine with my Geforce 7600GT but do not work with my machines with a Geforce GTX 670 or Radeon HD 5870.

The strange this was that in the case of the Radeon for yonks (meaning > 1 year) things were fine... then one day the display wouldnt show - blank screen. So I tested it on another port (its a 4 port switch) and it worked. But still wouldn't display on the original port. Never mind I thought, one duff port.... then a few weeks later.... no display... would work on the fourth port but not on 2 or 3. You guessed it, eventually I ran out of ports to move this computer onto :)

On the belkin or avocent nothing is displayed through the Radeon now. With respect to the Geforce I can get a display but it is corrupted - lots of lines flicker across the screen.

Its also worth pointing out that these issues occur on boot up as well, so nothing to do with Windows (7 x64) drivers (probably!) The monitor is a Dell 2311h if that makes any difference.

Back