• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

KVM + Wireless keyboard?

slaya

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
1,132
Hey, I have some questions about KVM switches..

1. I am using a logitech wireles keyboard, which connects on either USB or PS/2, will I have troubles using this keyboard in a KVM switch because it is wireless on either USB or PS/2, I only need to use one so if USB works and PS/2 doesnt than that will be fine too?

2. Will I feel any difference from switching my mouse and keyboard over to PS/2, because im on USB now?

thanks..

-SlaYa
 
I used to use a Logitech cordless comfort duo (KB and mouse) at the company I used to be contracted to. I used it with a Belkin 4 port KVM, and for the most part never had any problems. The only real issue I had was when I was using a machine that didn't have the KB/mouse software installed and the batteries started to die. Bear in mind, I was using it via PS2, rather than USB as the KVM didn't support USB.

You shouldn't feel any difference. If you do, it will probably be minor. Again, I had hardly any problems at all using my cordless kb/mouse with the KVM.
 
I'm using a Belkin two port at home that works fine. Picked it up for 20 bucks at a local computer store when it was on sale around Christmas time.

Picking myself up an 8-port ServSwitch ultra off eGay. Think $125, which isn't bad at all. Especially since I can hook my Sun boxen up to it too. :)

The Belkin KVM's I've used so far have been good though, so they're a good possibliity.

Good luck with whatever you get!
 
Back
Top