• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

KVM Busts PS2 Ports?

CeD

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 10, 2003
Messages
182
Hey All,

I have a Belkin Omniview KVM which I just installed. Since installing the KVM, my mouse PS2 port stopped functioning on both PC's. I am 100% certain that they worked fine prior to the KVM installation.

There is no power even when hooking up a PS2 mouse directly to the port, completely bypassing the KVM switch.

I find this very odd... has anyone heard of this before?
 
Hey,

The funny thing is that the switch is still working fine. It is the mouse PS2 ports on both PC's that were interfaced to the KVM switch which no longer work.

I am possitive that they both worked prior to, because I had them setup in 2 different parts of my house with their own monitor, ps2 mouse and ps2 keyboard.

The ports do not even provide power to a ps2 mouse directly hooked up to it. The keyboard ports still work.
 
Sure is. I have no clue how it is even possible... I'm confused!
 
Back
Top