KV8 PRO Problem: Resets After 4 Seconds, No POST

Setan

Limp Gawd
I just got my ABIT KV8 PRO and A64 3000+ in the mail today. I hook everything up, power it on and it show s a sequence of POST codes:

Plug PC in: code 0.0.
Press Power Button: code 8.7. (stays for a moment)
next, codes 9.C., 9.E., 9.F. display quickly
it then powers off on it's own

Anyone had this happen to them, or have any idea what's causing the problem?? Please help.

get the manual, find how to reset bios. Reset the bios, and you should get the post screen. From there get into bios and disable the automatic shutdown for "no fan". This was a problem I came across, the boards a little buggy still(understatement). I dont have a cpu fan attached at the cpu header, and it automatically shuts down.

Mine did that in the beginning. All I did was unplug everything and plug everything back. But now I get a 04 error code and no post with a beep every 2 seconds. It doesn't shut down anymore but it doesn't post and never has. I've tried 3 different PSUs, 2 sets or ram, and 2 video cards and still samething. I cleared the cmos multiple times with no luck. The KV8 Pro is a very buggy board.

I have the same issue with my Av8..

Please someone, help me out! :p

Ill try plugging everything out and in again...

The Board warps from the pressure of the heatsink ... The heatsink mounting screw literally pull the board up and around the processor.. Simply loosen up your mobo screws a little bit.. Loosen your heatsink clamp (if stock).. and remove your ram.... find something nonconductive that's just a bit thicker than the gap between your mobo and case.. ( you could even use cardboard to test this).. now slide the bracing material of your choice between the mobo and case ( just an inch or so) make sure it is centered directly under your ram slots .. now reinstall your ram,tighten your mobo screws and heatsink back down and enjoy!!

This is super late, but I shouldn't leave this unresolved in case someone else ever runs across the same problem.

Basically I was an idiot and didn't have the 4 pin auxillary power connector plugged into the mainboard. Once I plugged it in, everything was perfect.

Moron?...Yes.

Setan said:
This is super late, but I shouldn't leave this unresolved in case someone else ever runs across the same problem.

Basically I was an idiot and didn't have the 4 pin auxillary power connector plugged into the mainboard. Once I plugged it in, everything was perfect.

Moron?...Yes.

Were so happy about getting it .. it's the simple stuff we over look
:D

Back