Kudos To MS

Wrench00

2[H]4U
I am rather critical of everything but all I got to say is Kudos to MS for Vista. They did an extremely good job with this product imho. Sure there are problems but there are over 90% of world computer running on their OS so I guess they know something about the OS infrastructure.

Thanks MS.

I'm sure you're not alone, as I've been offering my own kudos to the developers and programmers for a long long time now, especially with seeing just how fast they brought it all together from Beta 2 - which was considerably horrid for it's time in the sun - all the way to the RTM build which is just fantastic.

On the whole, I'd say far less people have real issues with Vista than most of the media, bloggers, and forum junkies across the Internet would have most people believe.

It's solid, it's fast, and it works.

And also a nod to the immense field of beta testers who had a big part in the accelerated beta to RTM stages. Without all those thousands - if not hundreds of thousands - of bug reports and suggestions, it wouldn't be what it is right now.

DRIVER PROBLEMS are driving me crazy, but I can understand it's a big transition.

And for DRIVER PROBLEMS as you put it, Microsoft is not to blame, not in the least - but I bet people will continue to do so (and I'm not saying you are, red, just people in general). It's easy to complain about anything that keeps Vista from doing its job, just make sure you're pointing the blame where the fault actually lies.

For drivers, that's the hardware manufacturers.

And for DRIVER PROBLEMS as you put it, Microsoft is not to blame, not in the least - but I bet people will continue to do so (and I'm not saying you are, red, just people in general). It's easy to complain about anything that keeps Vista from doing its job, just make sure you're pointing the blame where the fault actually lies.

For drivers, that's the hardware manufacturers.

Exactly, and its not like the hardware manufacturers didn't have plenty of time to prepare with multiple betas and release candidates from Microsoft.

I think the MAIN reason hardware people wait for the RTM, is that what works in 1 beta might not work later on. Once the code is fixed, then the hardware people and other software people go to work. It didn't take www.iolo.com long for thier SM7 to be compatible with Vista. Epson printers were on the shelf, right after Vista business launched at the end of November, sporting Vista ready stickers.:D

I'll give kudos to both Microsoft and Dell on this one. I was skeptical about installing it on my PC for the reasons most are complaining about, so i installed it on my Dell E1405 instead. I must say, everything runs perfectly. Dell had all the drivers out for my particular model day after launch, and this OS seems pretty darn good. I wasn't planning on keeping it on my laptop, but i'm pretty impressed with it now. I just wanted to give it a little testing before i threw it on the PC, but now that can wait :)

Back