Kubuntu Video Problems

Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
26
Hi Guys,

I just got the Kubuntu distro. and when I installed it everything worked except that I wanted to change the resolution to 1280 x 1024. My problem is that when I go into the Display properties and change the video driver, I cant get back into the OS when I restart the comp. or X-Server. If I restart x-server and try to log in, it gives me a black screen. When I restart the comp. it loads everything and then gives me a second loading screen, but nothing loads. HELP PLEASE.

Thanks
 
Post your xorg.conf....
Post your xorg log....


Sounds like of of two things. Either the driver it is trying to load doesnt exist, or your telling it to load the wrong driver.
 
Thanks anyways guys but I fixed it. What I did was I switched my cable from analog to DVI and that seemed to solve it.

Thanks
 
Back
Top