KT890 or nForce4?

Mr. D.

Weaksauce
I was wondering, since soundstorm is left out of the nForce4 chipset, is there any reason to go for the nForce4 instead of the (cheaper) KT890? I am talking about the regular nForce4, not the SLI one.

Mr. D. said:
I was wondering, since soundstorm is left out of the nForce4 chipset, is there any reason to go for the nForce4 instead of the (cheaper) KT890? I am talking about the regular nForce4, not the SLI one.

SATA II will only be on NF4

Me...I'm getting the first one that's released :) You can't go wrong either way

^^^^^^ couldn't agree with you more, either way you'll get great board. But in terms of which is to release first, i heard that ATI new board will be the first. THat is what I have heard.

whens the nforce 4 chipsets comming out? ive heard all kinds of stuff; example: it will be out next week ... ?!

As far as Nforce4 goes I read in a thread on here an e-mail from MSI that said the US version Ultra should be shipping in November and the SLI version would be shipping in December. As far as a VIA board goes, the ABIT AX8 is already listed on ZipZoomFly but its not in stock, available for back order though at $145. I'm not in a big hurry for it, but I would like to know if the AMD PCI-e boards will have the 24-pin ATX connector like the INTEL PCI-e boards do. I'm getting a case ready for it and I need to buy a power supply.

Damn its always "its coming next week." Sigh tired of waiting... really about to get the ASUS A8V or something........

9mmx19 said:
Damn its always "its coming next week." Sigh tired of waiting... really about to get the ASUS A8V or something........

I am in same ship as you, so frustratingggggggg

So far I think that the only reason the nForce4 is more interesting is because it has more sata ports.

Back