• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

KRK Rokit 5 - sweet computer speakers

adsmith82

n00b
Joined
May 24, 2006
Messages
33
Hi all. Just wanted to share my excitement with my new computer speakers. Picked up a pair of KRK Rokit 5's from Craigslist for $125. They're amazing... incredibly SOLID sound. Oh, and they came with a Tannoy 10" sub :D ... just don't have XLR cables yet to hook the sub up.

Retail is $299/pr so if you are looking at bose for your pc and are more concerned about performance than size... check out some studio monitors as well
 
Hi all. Just wanted to share my excitement with my new computer speakers. Picked up a pair of KRK Rokit 5's from Craigslist for $125. They're amazing... incredibly SOLID sound. Oh, and they came with a Tannoy 10" sub :D ... just don't have XLR cables yet to hook the sub up.

Retail is $299/pr so if you are looking at bose for your pc and are more concerned about performance than size... check out some studio monitors as well

I love KRK's, but I am saving for the 6's myself :)
 
I went into a Guitar store during Thanksgiving weekend to listen to the KRK Rokits and the only ones they had were the Rokit 8's.

Wow. They sounded REALLY good. But for $250/each, that's too much. You got a steal on the Rokit 5's! Congrats!

The salesman showed me a some JBL monitors for $179/each that had 5" drivers and they said they were comparable. I found that very hard to believe though, and didn't have them open the boxes. I think it was the LSR2325P monitor. They stated they "couldn't keep them in stock" because demand was so high.

After listening to the Rokit 8's, I am even more satisfied with my passive BR-1's and Onkyo receiver; considering the price I paid. The setup with $180 sub was around $460.
 
Back
Top