Kraken G12

Armenius

Extremely [H]
Kraken just posted the product page for a revised GPU bracket called the G12. It's a much more simple design that NZXT says is easier to install when paired with a Kraken AIO. They also state that it will work with any video card, with the exception of some AMD models that may need a shim to create proper mounting. 30 AIO coolers are listed as compatible compared to the 19 on the G10. Ship date is listed as April 24. In my opinion, it's uglier than the G10... Also only comes in white or black for now.

https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-g12

upload_2017-4-12_10-12-56.png

This looks literally like just a visually redesigned bracket. Both have the same size fan, both seem to fit the same cooler. The only real difference I can see is that they've changed the mounting screws. The old ones were thinner and had a 3 in a triangle shape and these seem to be closer to what the hole sizes on GPUs are.

Looks like thinner steel than the G10, but with some formed ribs to beef it up. So they had to buy some tooling, but in volume, it should be a good bit cheaper to make. Hopefully there's a net gain in stiffness. The G10 flexes quite a bit when it's installed.

Looks like thinner steel than the G10, but with some formed ribs to beef it up. So they had to buy some tooling, but in volume, it should be a good bit cheaper to make. Hopefully there's a net gain in stiffness. The G10 flexes quite a bit when it's installed.

And bends all to hell. I bought a G10 and mounting the AIO on it, the dam thing just bent all to shit. The materials on the new G12 are steel and plastic. Looks like the only steel portion is the ring the AIO mounts to.

Back