• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Koss KSC75

BBA

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 25, 2003
Messages
5,382
Just to see what everyone was talking about, I bought a pair early this morning and set out to do some listening with my X-Fi.

They have a fairly smooth response. They sound close to a weak version of my Sony MDR-V6, the bass is a little weaker.
I don't have any Triports to compare them to right now, will have to wait until I can borrow from one of my friends but I do remember the triports had much more present bass than either the Sony or these KSC75's.

My verdict: They have to be equalized to sound good where the Sony does not. Maybe a little better than the average $20 headphone, but not in the 'great sound' category.

They are good enough to take to work and to use on business flights with the laptop...much less bulky than full head types.

Maybe later today I will listen to them on my music system (Kenwood C1 and M2 amp) to see if the amplified effect helps any but for use directly from an X-Fi, they definitely need eq.
 
aZn_plyR said:
what is up with people and bass these days? :cool:

Don't know, I don;t like boomy bass, I like deep low bass.

These phones aren't bad at all, with a little eq...but they just don't have the bass extension until you do that.

With more listening, I can detect a mid bass resonance. I may just have to ignore that part and just relegate them to use for low volume work listening.
 
IC, well, they are really "fun" sounding cans that sounds great with nice fast bass impact. BTW, if you want a bit more bass response, bend the brackets so that it pushes the headphones closer to your ears. There's also free mods you can do to them to improve the SQ quite a bit, you can look up Kramer Mod over at head-fi.org that he shows you how to do it, and pictures availible too.
 
I was quite impressed with the KSC75s when I heard them driven by a Singlepower amp at a mini meet. They are good beat on, bang for the buck portable cans.
 
Back
Top