[Koolertek] Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm 1850 RPM -- $11.99 + shipping

+1 for Koolertek,

Support fellow [H]ardOCP'ers!

Not to mention his fantastic service. I ordered all my GT's from him last year.

Love these fans.. I bought mine when they were like 20$ on the egg.. Wish I had some money, about 6 of these are callin my name

is the shipping the same per # of fans? like if i order 3 same amount to ship as if i just ordered one?

some other interesting items available at Koolertek, even a few items that I've not seen before.

I've got no interest in the 1850 rpm fans, but thanks anyways for the link to Koolertek. They're giving better prices than Newegg/performancepcs/etc, especially when including their non-inflated shipping charges. Anyone got any experience w/ their customer service on returns/exchanges/RMAs or damaged items?

Anyone got any experience w/ their customer service on returns/exchanges/RMAs or damaged items?

While I haven't had to send anything back to them, they were always very prompt (same day) with their replies when I had questions about my order after it had already shipped. Very helpful and reassuring.

Ordered from Koolertek before, service was great.

I have one of these fans on my heatsink and it's great, was wondering how people feel they fare vs the 1900rpm s-flex as a case fan?

I bought one of these about a month ago. I was really torn between going with a 1850 or 1450 RPM model. So I just got one 1850 to test it out. I was surprised and how quiet the 1850 is.

Now I can swap out the other 4 fans with this sale! :)

Here's a question since I'm looking for 5-7 new fans.....

How are these are far as static pressure and would they work well with a radiator in either a single fan or push/pull configuration?

They look pretty sweet, but just curious about this before I order up half a dozen of them.

Here's a question since I'm looking for 5-7 new fans.....

How are these are far as static pressure and would they work well with a radiator in either a single fan or push/pull configuration?

They look pretty sweet, but just curious about this before I order up half a dozen of them.

This is exactly where the fan shines, they make excellent heatsink/radiator fans because of their static pressure

I picked up a pair of Gentle Typhoon's a couple weeks ago from Koolertek; the fans are definitely solid. If quiet computing is an interest, then these fans are well worth the price.

In for 3 and 6 of the yate loons for case fans. Bought yesterday and he shipped them out today. Nice!

Here's more info on the Scythe GT:
GentleTyphoonStats.jpg

GT 1850rpm: .081in/H20 or 2.057mm/H20 for you metric types :)

For reference:
-Noctua NF-P12 1300rpm .066in/H20 1.68mm/H20
-Noctua NF-P14 1200rpm .051in/H20 1.29mm/H20
-Noctua NF-S12B 1200rpm .052in/H20 1.31mm/H20
-Scythe Slipstream 1900rpm .091in/H20 2.3mm/H20
-Scythe Slipstream 1600rpm .057in/H20 1.46mm/H20

Thanks for the site, I went with 2 of the 1900RPM slipstreams though. I'm hoping these will be good as a push pull on my Xigmatek HDT cooler?!? Has to be better than the stock fan and then one cheapy Coolermaster 1200rpm fan which barely feels like moves air :)

Here's more info on the Scythe GT:

GT 1850rpm: .081in/H20 or 2.057mm/H20 for you metric types :)

For reference:
-Noctua NF-P12 1300rpm .066in/H20 1.68mm/H20
-Noctua NF-P14 1200rpm .051in/H20 1.29mm/H20
-Noctua NF-S12B 1200rpm .052in/H20 1.31mm/H20
-Scythe Slipstream 1900rpm .091in/H20 2.3mm/H20
-Scythe Slipstream 1600rpm .057in/H20 1.46mm/H20

So based on those values, if I ended up snagging a Noctua cooler for the 920, I'd be doing well to replace it's fans (as good as they are) with a set of these, or using a couple on a Corsair H50 setup in another machine due to the better static pressure?

Gonna still be pricey to snag 7 of these, but logically I want all the fans in a case the same to keep airflow and overall pressure pretty much equal. It made a huge difference in my case temps when I did that on my last build once I realized I had fans with 3 different CFM's trying to move air through the case. Replaced them all with the same model fan and same CFM and dropped 7 degrees overall in the case temp.

I appreciate that chart of numbers and am going to save it off for future reference, since static pressure isn't something a lot of places list.

Last edited:
So based on those values, if I ended up snagging a Noctua cooler for the 920, I'd be doing well to replace it's fans (as good as they are) with a set of these, or using a couple on a Corsair H50 setup in another machine due to the better static pressure?

Yup, especially since the GT 1850 moves slightly more air at a higher static pressure.

Yup, especially since the GT 1850 moves slightly more air at a higher static pressure.

In for 7 of em. :D

Got a TJ09 case here that if I use it can hold 5 fans alone, not counting the ones on the cpu cooler. These should work just fine I think.

Thanks again OP and also for the static pressure data!!

Well, its good to know what I'll be doing in the morning :D

If it makes you feel any better about it, I'm out of work and trying to rebuild a new desktop PC to replace my dead one using what little tax money I got, so dropping almost $100 on fans is a good chunk, but I appreciate the pricing a LOT. ;)

So in a way, you're doing a good deed, AND making a sale. :D

PSA: Koolertek has encountered a glitch with calculations for UPS 2-Day and 3-Day shipping charges. They are showing up WAY higher than they should be. We will be working to get this corrected as soon as possible. Anyone looking to order via 2-Day or 3-Day can still order, and I will manually modify the shipping charges before the order is processed.

Last edited:
Back