Koolance?

Is the Koolance system i believe its called the Exos 2, good?, i dont have much room in my small case, and i really want a simple to install system, would this do the trick?

its a nice external system. i recomend. worked great for me when i had a small case.

Works for me

I moved the external Exos2 about 10 feet away from the pc right next to the central air vent. for temps a few degrees cooler than room temp. However, even without the help of the central air conditionar I was able to keep 5-15 degrees above room temp under load. The unit is virtually silent at a setting of 5 or lower.

The only dislike I have with the unit is a slight noise from air being sucked into the pumps and tubing when the water level is not within a small margin in the tiny water tank. Also, you can not adjust the temperature setting in relation to the fan speed. The auto fan settings is fixed to increase at certain temp thresholds. You can increase the fans manually but it would be cool if you had a little more control. I may mod this later.

Its expenseive for all the parts. I've spent nearly 400.00+ for the Exos2,CPU, GPU, extra coolant, tubing, and longer data/power cable.

oh wow - yes - with the external unit you can stick it right over an ac vent. :cool:

Like has been said, it’s not the cheapest solution out there but it is one of the most versatile.

One push and one pull pump can keep you running if something fails.
I can’t think of an easier system to hook up.
You can run the cooling unit up to 30 feet away from the computer, which makes for some interesting installation possibilities. (Think AC vents in the floor, open windows in cool weather etc.)
Fits perfectly on top of my Super LAN Boy case, like it was made for it.

Overall I like mine a lot, thinking about another for a diff machine.

Enjoy

Awesome thanks for all the replies, college dorm with AC, going to put it right on top of it, and i realize the expense of the unit, but hey, since i got nothing better to do with it, save going to a nudy bar, i might as well :D

Back