• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Koolance

lagsmoke

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 1, 2003
Messages
225
I recently got the EXOS (im a water noob and scared) and it has been working great on my cpu (38 highest I have seen it in texas) and want to water cool my 6800 GT... I was wondering 2 things, 1 would this fit it http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-127-002&depa=0. And 2 how hard is it to remove the current stock cooler? I have never changed a graphics card cooler out (done CPU several times) and am worried about cracking/rendering the card useless (I dont have $400 to throw around again right now) so if it is extremely dangerous I dont want to do it... The reason I want to move is beacause at 410/1.1 the card downclocks itself to stock (350/1.0) when the temp reaches 86C (it idles ~60). Thanks for any help...
 
The Koolance GPU L06 fits the 6800GT, or so I'm told.

It's the cooler that the BFG Tech OC watercooled card uses, so it has to fit.

I'm buying my Koolance system in a day or so and I'm going with the L06 as my GPU waterblock.

The stock cooler on the 6800GT is easy to remove. Very easy. It's held into place by spring screws. Just unscrew them and both heatsinks come off very easily.
 
Back
Top