Koolance Ins-Fm17n and Msi P67A-GD65 ???

Coloredtoad

Weaksauce
Hey all, wondering if anyone has this combo?? The Koolance Ins-Fm17n flow meter with the frequency adapter and Msi P67A-GD65 mobo. Just wondering how the proper way to set it up is?? I have it plugged into fan port 3 not sure if im blind but im not seeing anywhere in the msi bios to set up the alarm or system shut down etc :( So any help be great :confused:

Best place to plug it in for an alarm/shutdown function is the CPU fan header. Other than that, you need to consult your manual or ask people in the motherboard forum where to find that feature.

Thanks for the tip.Both manuals for the flow meter and the frequency adapter are oddly the same and don't give much info at all lol

The frequency adapter gives a RPM readout to the motherboard. That is all it does. The RPM readout would actually be the flow rate. It is not a computer shutdown mechanism or anything of the like.

What you do is set your motherboard bios such that when the RPM readout is zero (no flow), then it shuts down the computer, or sounds an alarm. A similar function can be set inside Windows with certain programs.

Can you suggest a program thru windows to do this?? I go into the mobo bios i see the cpu fan and all i will allow me to do is set it to differetn numbers 0% 25% etc. Not sure if 0 means if this reaches 0 shut down or what.

I think that is just adjusting CPU fan speed, not sure though.

I'm not sure what program will give warnings or shut down a computer once the reading goes to 0, usually there is a warning option available in the bios for no RPM readout on the CPU fan. I use coretemp to automatically shut down my computer once my processor hits a certain temperature.

Hmm now that i think about it don't the Core I series have auto shut off built in if they reach a certain temp?? Thats pretty much same thing. I just want a bit of security so i dont kill a brand new machine lol

Coretemp can be setup to shutdown your pc when it reaches a temp you preset. Setup mine this way because I dont have my koolace bay pump and temp sensor on the cpu block.

Last edited:
Generally, the Core i series do not have a shutoff temperature, they just have an automatic CPU throttling temperature, which is around 100 C. It only shuts off only if you set your motherboard to shut off. Just use coretemp, and set the temperature shutoff at 80 C or so, and you should be safe.

Great thanks :) Using core temp i can uninstall the Koolance frequency adapter im guessing. Ohwell another wasted 20 bucks :p

I got coretemp installed. Giving me temps of 41 to 45 degrees C per core. Is this safe?? i turned it to F and it was saying roughly 150 degrees and was about to shut down.

Safe load temperatures are around 80 C for 24/7 operation. They are good for short periods of time up to 100 C.

load up cpuz and see how much voltage it's giving it at 4.2ghz. I tried it just for kicks but it was giving it like 1.4v at only 4.2ghz. I'm only using 1.36v at 4.8ghz lol

Back