koolance gpu cooler and gf6800

zipdrive

Limp Gawd
I'd like to mount my GPU-180-L06 onto my pny 6800gt. Before I take off the stock fan, has anyone done this? Will it fit?
Thanks

there was a guy about a month back that mounted his on his 6800 should work without a problem if all else fails check here : Koolance Compatibility :D That is the same block that the bfg card ships with just FYI :)

zipdrive said:
I'd like to mount my GPU-180-L06 onto my pny 6800gt. Before I take off the stock fan, has anyone done this? Will it fit?
Thanks

Yea, it will fit. I did it on mine.

I'm not sure if anyone will read this, but here goes :)

I'm thinking of buying the Koolance GPU-180-L06 as well, but I'm probably getting a Leadtek 6800GT card and since they strayed from the reference design I'm unsure if it will fit on or not?

Also, I'm all new to watercooling, but will the Koolance GPU-180-L06 make any sounds and any ideas on how it performs (ie. will it be possible to oc the graphics card?)

Tchami said:
I'm not sure if anyone will read this, but here goes :)

I'm thinking of buying the Koolance GPU-180-L06 as well, but I'm probably getting a Leadtek 6800GT card and since they strayed from the reference design I'm unsure if it will fit on or not?

Also, I'm all new to watercooling, but will the Koolance GPU-180-L06 make any sounds and any ideas on how it performs (ie. will it be possible to oc the graphics card?)

Did you read the above post? Yes, it will fit and you'll be able to OC your card.

Mine overclocked from 370MHZ stock to 435MHZ for the core.

Tchami said:
Sorry what?

This is the reason why I dont' like noobs.

Not only do they jack other people's threads and put in their own questions but they don't bother to read through the previous posts. :D

Statistically speaking, noobs won't ever go away unfortunately. :(

Sorry Optimummind, I was saying "Sorry what?" to DryFire.

And yes I did read the above post, but I wanted someone else to confirm since one guys confirmation that it'll fit on a non-reference design card isn't much when it'll cost me almost 600$ all in all (graphics card + cooler).

Ohh, and I hardly think that I'm jacking someone elses thread as the thread has been inactive for about three weeks. I actually thought it would be more appropiate asking the question in this thread instead of making a new thread with the same contents.. But then, I'm a noob :)

Tchami said:
Sorry Optimummind, I was saying "Sorry what?" to DryFire.

And yes I did read the above post, but I wanted someone else to confirm since one guys confirmation that it'll fit on a non-reference design card isn't much when it'll cost me almost 600$ all in all (graphics card + cooler).

Ohh, and I hardly think that I'm jacking someone elses thread as the thread has been inactive for about three weeks. I actually thought it would be more appropiate asking the question in this thread instead of making a new thread with the same contents.. But then, I'm a noob :)

I see that there was a misunderstanding. No hard feelings then, eh? ;)

No hard feelings :)

I do however have a question, which may be better suited in another thread, but here goes. The Koolance GPU-180-L06 doesn't seem to be readily available in Denmark so I'm considering other options that will fit a Leadteak 6800GT, but I'm having trouble deciding whether they'll fit or not. I've found these:

GFX Alphacool GP-NV40 6800
GFX Alphacool NexXxoS GP2-NV40 6800
GFX Alphacool NexXxoS GPX-NV40 6800.

Can anyone tell me if they'll fit or not, and if they're even worth buying?

Ok, thanks.

I was thinking of going for the Zalman GWB1 but unfortunately that doesn't fit on the 6800 series :/ So right now I'm trying to decide which waterblock to buy from this list:

Koolance GPU-180-L06
Heatkiller GPU Rev. 2.0 Uni.
Alphacool GP-NV40 6800
Alphacool NexXxoS GP2-NV40 6800
Alphacool NexXxoS GPX-NV40 6800.

The Koolance doesn't seem to be available in Denmark however, and I have no idea if the rest are any good or not :/

Back