• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Koolance for Prescott? would it be good enough

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
6,157
I know koolance is not the best when it comes to watercooling, however would you think it would be better than air?

Thanks
 
I believe that a koolance would work fine for a prescott, just dont expect to have 1 -1.5ghz overclocks :D
 
the lga 775 socket uses the same heatsink bracket as the s478, it will work fine.
 
USMC2Hard4U said:
I know koolance is not the best when it comes to watercooling, however would you think it would be better than air?

Thanks

Yes, it's definitely better than air. I have socket 478 2.8E running at 3.41GHZ. If it weren't for my RAM crapping out at me around 249MHZ and 250MHZ, i could probably take it higher.
 
koolance will make decent temps with good a decent OC on a pressy.. get a 3.0E you might get as high as 4.0ghz
 
Can you reccommend me some good koolance stuff? SHould I use a diff block? or the koolance block?

I am totally new to watercooling and I dont want to jack it up

links to some good stuff?

and frozencpu.com has alot of neat stuff.... help!

Thanks :)
 
use the same koolance block it comes with, i suggest the newest 300W block.(koolance blocks work best with koolance,there designed espicially for the koolance unit) When i had my koolance i also replaced all my fans, but making it louder. but it even helped temps better.
 
Got a 2.4 Prescot @ 3.58GHz on a Koolance! (2-2-3-5) :D

It may not be the best WC'ing out there (Cathars Jet Impingment) but its a well rounded, well designed system.

Won a "Must Have" or "Best of the year" or soming on [H]
 
Back
Top