Koolance arrived. Help!!!

Zeke

Gawd
Well, ym koolance arrived, and besides that one of the cooling packs leaked a little in the case, everytthing is fine. EXCEPT. I have looked everywhere and I don't see the jumper they were supposed to send me so I cantest the machine before turning on my computer. What the heck am I gonna do?

Originally posted by OneMadPoptart
Use a paperclip. Its the same f*cking thing, only Koolance charges money for theirs.
The answer is right there ^^

as said before, use a paperclip. jump the green wire on the atx connector with any of the black wires.

ok, so I jsut put a paper clip on spots 4 and 6, and then what do I do? I would need a wire between the 2 right? I'm confused...

take a paperclip and bend it in a U shape, put on end in the green wire and the other end in one of the black ones. as soon as you do that you should hear the power supply turn on......bleed your lines for like an hour or so then fill it accordingly and bleed it more the just remove the paperclip when your done.

so I jsut have it pump air for a while,a nd then I do the other thing? So I want the paper clip to be just a pointy thing? And stick it in the those places?

pc2650-pic28.jpg

Like that, but with a paper clip.

Originally posted by Zeke
so I jsut have it pump air for a while,a nd then I do the other thing? So I want the paper clip to be just a pointy thing? And stick it in the those places?

Wow. I thought the koolance was retard-proof, but now I'm not so sure....

Once you manage to start your koolance (Big IF by the looks of it...:rolleyes: ), you should NOT run it on air. That is the last thing you want to do. Make sure you get some water/mix in there before you start the pump or else you'll kill it.

so I don't need any type of rubber coating around the paper clip? just stick it in their raw and dont have a protective thing around it on the outside?

You don't need an insulator around the paperclip. Just dont touch it while the power is on. Instant death will come if you do.

(and no, I'm not kidding about the instant death)

(well maybe I'm overblowing the death thing, but it would sure as hell hurt like a motherf*cker)

The bottom line is don't be an idiot when dealing with voltages.

so I don't need any type of rubber coating around the paper clip? just stick it in their raw and dont have a protective thing around it on the outside?

HMM... isnt that dangerous? If you touch the paper clip you will get electrified..wont you? thats why i think there is that rubber thing in the first place.!!!!

careful!!!

how would u get electrocuted or shocked considering the pins it connects are a low voltage power good signal and ground.........

how would u get electrocuted or shocked considering the pins it connects are a low voltage power good signal and ground.........

well...........I am not sure, but I thought that the reason why those pins come with the rubber in the first place is so people dont get electrified. However, maybe I am wrong... just a thought.

:)

Originally posted by computerpro3

I keeping up with the theme of this thread, to make things retard-proof, koolance puts protection on their paperclip. Do you need it? Maybe not, but the bottom line is be careful when dealing with exposed current carrying wires.

I keeping up with the theme of this thread, to make things retard-proof, koolance puts protection on their paperclip. Do you need it? Maybe not, but the bottom line is be careful when dealing with exposed current carrying wires.

YEP, i agree with that.
KOOLANCE doesn't want to be sued by some kid's parents, whose kid electrified himself.

lol obviously some people have circumvented koolance's retard proof protections with some of the questions in this thread....

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I have touched the paperclip before (I run my second psu with it for about 12 hours a day) but now I may have to touch it again to see what happens....if I don't report back, assume the wort soldier:eek:

omg...when I posted that pic I was going to say "Don't touch the clip when you have the power on" but I figured, NO ONE IS THAT STUPID. Well...looks like I was wrong.

It's basic conductivity you retard. Just load the thing up with water, put the paperclip in DON'T TOUCH IT and turn it on. See if water spills everywhere, and your done. Then mail it to me because you don't deserve it.

Edit: I was talking about if it was the power cables. Not the signal cables. Like some other guy said, you don't want to go around touching crap, that has a possibilty of messing something up.

They should run 110VAC through the PWR-ON, just to help with natural selection.

If instructions were written to the lowest common denominator - they would be written in crayon ;)

This person does sound brighter than the woman who called gateway tech support that her system wouldn't turn on during a power outage...

Of course we haven't heard whether he thinks water wetter makes the water wetter or not...

Originally posted by Chicken Penni Pasta
omg...when I posted that pic I was going to say "Don't touch the clip when you have the power on" but I figured, NO ONE IS THAT STUPID. Well...looks like I was wrong.

It's basic conductivity you retard. Just load the thing up with water, put the paperclip in DON'T TOUCH IT and turn it on. See if water spills everywhere, and your done. Then mail it to me because you don't deserve it.

Hey, buddy, guess what, you're wrong! Imagine that! If you actually thought past an elementary level before posting as I did before, you would see why. The pins that it connects are a LOW VOLTAGE LOW AMPERAGE power good signal and GROUND. THERE IS NO ELECTRICITY IN ANY SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT NOR IS THERE ANY CURRENT IN ANY SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT. Besides, I know your wrong. And knowing what pins the paper clip connected, and after measuring it with my multimeter, I touched it with confidence. Not even a buzz or shock. Just as I said.:rolleyes:

Think twice before calling people names, especially when you're wrong, retard:rolleyes:

The power on wire(green wire) is a damn signal wire, not a current carrying wire. It is low voltage and low current. You won't feel a god damn thing if you touch it. Although maybe I shouldn't be telling this guy about it. I don't understand why people just jump right in and try to do this complicated shit without knowing a thing about it. Jesus fucking christ. If a person doesn't even understand how to hook something up then does he really understand why he needs it? It seems like if he needed it and knew why he needed it then he would know(or at least figure out) how to set it up.

^^^
Thank you. This thread is pathetic. Oh, I just saw, Zeke started it. Have you seen his multiple threads? Hey zeke, about your other thread, RTFM hehehehe:D

Zeke is becoming Hardforums version of Xtremesystems Geforce4ti4200....inciting rage and controversy every post he makes:D

jk

A warning to all.....contribute or stay out of the thread. We all have to start somewhere and if someone comes here for information, I expect some of the better members to give out whatever info they may have. No more piling on or you will anger the admins ;)

No offense to Koolance owners, really. It is quiet. Kinda.

I'm just going to edit your post and pretend you didn't read my warning.....MD

Back