Konica/Minolta 1350w Laser Printer $49.98 Staples B&M NO rebate

"Staples" is a store name like "Office Max"
B&M means "Brick and Mortar" or the physical location of the store - meaning you cannot buy it online, nor over the phone... you can purchase only at the store...

Nice... I could get a new printer for cheaper than a toner catridge for my Samsung laser printer....

I work at Staples and many stores only have 1 or two of these in stock...so definately hurry over..Most stores actually replaced this with the 1400w...i know mine did...so after this it's all clearancing out...But clearance price will more than likely be higher than $50

Keep in mind that the 1350W is essentially the same as the 1250W, with the addition of one "feature". There's a chip embedded in the starter toner cartridge that counts the number of pages you've printed. After 1500, it goes into "deep clean" mode, which means slower printing and higher toner usage. It's design is to make you buy a full, high-priced toner cartridge instead of refilling the starter cartridge. I've heard that you can get "reset chips" on eBay (I own the 1250W, which does not have this stupid restriction) to bypass the profit-ensuring devices.

I just picked up one from Office Max for $34 dollars. The receipt shows it as $134.00 -$100 'promo discount'. Hurray!

heh, I don't care about that feature...

I bought this printer to print on heavy paper for homebrew circuit card production. It's not likely to ever see 1500 pages. My Optra Se3455+ gets the real work.

Bluemagic said:
I just picked up one from Office Max for $34 dollars. The receipt shows it as $134.00 -$100 'promo discount'. Hurray!
Same deal here with one twist ... got 2 'em. $74 total with tax!
Laughing at what newegg's asking.

Mohonri said:
Keep in mind that the 1350W is essentially the same as the 1250W, with the addition of one "feature". There's a chip embedded in the starter toner cartridge that counts the number of pages you've printed. After 1500, it goes into "deep clean" mode, which means slower printing and higher toner usage. It's design is to make you buy a full, high-priced toner cartridge instead of refilling the starter cartridge. I've heard that you can get "reset chips" on eBay (I own the 1250W, which does not have this stupid restriction) to bypass the profit-ensuring devices.

Is there any way to disable this feature?

I also got in on 2 of the printers from OM for $34.

This makes ~8 of these printers that I've had now over the past 3 years.. great printers.. and MUCH cheaper to buy new ones rather than toner. They really are great printers for 'crap' printing (printing stuff like a quick map or something that you know you'll throw away)

Yes, you can get around that chip.. ebay, and other places, sell the chips either in 2500 or 3500 counts (IIRC) for around $10. it's a simple swap... but, still easier to buy a new printer at those prices rather than the chip + toner.

FWIW, at the 1500 page mark, it does go into a deep clean (slow) mode, but, still works great at 6ppm. Sometimes mine seems to forget that they are in 'slow' mode, and print fast, even with the error light blinking. *shrug*

Great buy if you can find any of them.

Maybe some PM's might work with other retailers that sell the printer... Fry's, OD, etc.

read post @ 12:05 on my way to meet g.f for lunch
happened to be a staples in the same plaza
12:10 i had 2 1350's :)
Awesome

I may go look for one tomorrow. I need a printer to print off the thing in the first place :D lol
have to have my wife do it tomorrow at work.

I may go ahead and swing by though today, just to see if they have any in stock.

Well you fuckers made me go get another good deal, even being jobless, this month :D lol

Just got back a bit ago from store about 20mins from here. They still had a pallet of them, around 15 left in stock. Store is in Longhorne Pennsylvania, 20miles from Philly.

A little review... unit is cheap fealing, made in China, but does produce a very nice print job, I was impressed. If it lasts 2 years, I will be happy. I don't print much at all.

Konica1.jpg

I have never seen so much tape on a printer before :D
I actually removed a couple peices on the top, but put them back for a quick pic :D
Konica2.jpg

All set up and hooked into my Netgear router/print server, configured on my domain server, and added through logon scripts to my client PCs.
Konica3.jpg

If you're looking for a good cheap laser, pick this one up :)

I bought one of these last week at Staples for $150 - 30 coupon + tax = $130. PM'd to the $50 price this week to get back $108. Total out of pocket now is $22. Plus I'm eligible for a $60 rebate since I bought last week. :D

Tried to get a couple for $34 at OM today, but they were out at my store. :( :eek:

to Ezekial

Which print server do you have that will work with this printer. I went thru Netgear's site and it specifically say that this model is NOT supported. I would like to network mine as well.

eazy_e said:
to Ezekial

Which print server do you have that will work with this printer. I went thru Netgear's site and it specifically say that this model is NOT supported. I would like to network mine as well.
supported lists are just that... ones they have tried, and got to work. Most all printers should work.. I mean they most all talk the same language and go through the same cord :D

I am using the FM114P which is a firewall/router/print_server that came out about 4 years ago. Its an excellent unit IMHO, and has worked quite well since I have had it. It recently reached EOL (end of life) as I was searching for anything new on it recently.

I did find that the print server software it comes with, does NOT work with Windows 2003. I then chose a generic Netgear Print Server 1port device for my IP printing and it worked just fine. But you have to "uncheck" "Enable Bi-Directional Support" from the port tab on the printer setup for it to print. Otherwise, it was erroring out for me and not printing. This should in turn, work the same on 2000 or XP in the same fassion, if you do not want to have to install the Netgear print server software. I have used the software before though, many times with mine & roomates machines (in teh past) with no problems though.

:edit
oh, and I am using the parellel cable since my unit does not do USB.

Good luck :)

I would have been tempted, but just found a deal on an HP Laserjet 5M (with the internal JetDirect) for $35 used, 11k page count, from a university clearing house.

Built tough as a rock, great output, no print server needed. I love used business-level equipment. Still, for a single user the Konica/Minolta looks nice.

LoneWolf said:
I would have been tempted, but just found a deal on an HP Laserjet 5M (with the internal JetDirect) for $35 used, 11k page count, from a university clearing house.

Built tough as a rock, great output, no print server needed. I love used business-level equipment. Still, for a single user the Konica/Minolta looks nice.
damn! you got a steal!! props :)

I need to look around for something like that here. I had planned on picking up something along the lines of a 4000 off of eBay. Seen them going for around $200 with good toner and freshened up. Be more then enough for me to ever need. But for $50, I am not complainging at all :)

anyone else get an Open Box?
I got mine home and 3/4 of the packaging was missing, everything was there but the CD was opened and in backwards...
Staples taped it up and sold it as new!!!
:mad: :eek:
I wrote the CS, i better get some satisfaction!

Canon20d said:
anyone else get an Open Box?
I got mine home and 3/4 of the packaging was missing, everything was there but the CD was opened and in backwards...
Staples taped it up and sold it as new!!!
:mad: :eek:
I wrote the CS, i better get some satisfaction!
that sucks

I almost did. I went to my closest Staples and they didn't have any in stock. They told me the one up the road did. Went there the next day and they were out, and said their stock has showed incorrectly for a while now. They looked up other locations and yet another 10 miles down the road further they had 18, so he reserved me one. I show up, it was sitting on the couter, I said I believe that is mine. Start ringing me up, GM said hay, I think that was returned. Go get him a new one off the pallet over there :)

Hmm, so I hope everyone is enjoying their new printers...
LoneWolf, you want to give out the university site you got that printer from?
I too have been lucky with HP printers. I got a laserjet 6P and a 5P both with 20ft cables at garage sales.
The 6P I got for FREE - the fella just wanted it out of his way. 11k prints - less than one month cycle of use. And I got a 5P for $1 - fella said it would not print with his computer - 20ft cable makes a weak printer port not work -duh - and it only had 10k prints again less than the 13k monthly print duty. Oh yeah, both had NEW toner... Gave one to my brother, and networked the other for my own use...garage sales simply rock...

HvyMtl said:
Hmm, so I hope everyone is enjoying their new printers...
LoneWolf, you want to give out the university site you got that printer from?
I too have been lucky with HP printers. I got a laserjet 6P and a 5P both with 20ft cables at garage sales.
The 6P I got for FREE - the fella just wanted it out of his way. 11k prints - less than one month cycle of use. And I got a 5P for $1 - fella said it would not print with his computer - 20ft cable makes a weak printer port not work -duh - and it only had 10k prints again less than the 13k monthly print duty. Oh yeah, both had NEW toner... Gave one to my brother, and networked the other for my own use...garage sales simply rock...
I didn't get it from their website. I had to go there.

I like the 5/5M's the best mainly because I've kept half a dozen of them running for nearly a decade now with nothing more than the occasional maintenance kit or set of feed rollers. They're just indestructable, unless you drop one. ;)

Kind of off topic but on the subject of rugged laser printers:

I'm still running an Epson ActionLaser 1500 I bought from CDW back in July 1993. Yep, 12.5 years ago. It's on only its 2nd toner cartridge, which is still 2/3 full. I'd kinda like to get an updated laser (have a house full of Epson inkjets) but the damn thing just won't die. It's a LJ3/PCL5 clone that does 6ppm, still looks and works great for black & white prints, although a little slow.

I paid like $800 for it with a whopping 2MB upgrade. :D

Malatov said:
Kind of off topic but on the subject of rugged laser printers:

I'm still running an Epson ActionLaser 1500 I bought from CDW back in July 1993. Yep, 12.5 years ago. It's on only its 2nd toner cartridge, which is still 2/3 full. I'd kinda like to get an updated laser (have a house full of Epson inkjets) but the damn thing just won't die. It's a LJ3/PCL5 clone that does 6ppm, still looks and works great for black & white prints, although a little slow.

I paid like $800 for it with a whopping 2MB upgrade. :D
Also OT, but you're a lucky camper. Epson had their fair share of mechanical issues with their early ActionLasers. I remember selling a few of those. If it's been running this long without a hitch, I'd keep it `til it dies, you must have got a good one. :)

I'm guessing the deal is dead? The link shows nothing and even searching the website for the printer comes up with nothing....

its IN store only

I did notice the minolta 1400W is out... but looks worse than the 1350 (1200x600 only, 17ppm, but had USB 2 :p
I ended up bringing mine back - got an extra 20% off since it was open :)
now im lookin to make sure no ones got one since id rather have a NEW one than 10$

Back