Known issues w/ Logitech Mice & Vista x64?

Punkrulz

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

I'm trying to locate if there are any known issues between Windows Vista Business x64, and Logitech Mice. The specific mouse that I had was a logitech MX400. The mouse didn't seem as accurate as it should be. Moving the mouse in a straight line will cause it to slightly jump now and again. Sometimes I go to move the mouse slightly, and as I'm moving the mouse the cursor wouldn't move... exactly like a ball mouse would act if it was dirty.

I contacted Logitech support, and they deemed that my mouse was in fact defective and they sent me a replacement. When I received the second MX400, I had the same issues. I have a standard Dell optical mouse that does not have the same issue at all. I don't know if it's possibly the mouse brand in general, or if it's a driver issue. I've done everything under the sun when it came to trying to troubleshoot; replace / reinstall the driver, attempt w/o Logitech software, etc. I even attempted to use the mouse on another PC of mine (laptop w/ Windows XP SP3) and had the same issue. I don't believe it is surface related, as I am playing with this mousepad.

I made a deal with Logitech, I spent $20 (difference between MX400 and G5) and requested that they send me the G5, and I will send them one of the MX400's back. I'm really concerned that the G5 is going to give me the same issues as the others had, however all my friends and Newegg gave the mouse rave reviews... originally intended on purchasing it but wound up with the 400 instead.

Is it possible that the MX400 is not as precise as the G5? Are there known issues with the MX400, or the Logitech software? Has ANYONE ever experienced a similar issue with laser mice in general? Trying to find some solace regarding this. sad.gif

I have been using 2 MX1000's with Vista64, 1 on my main machine and one on my HTPC.
I have also just tested 2 laptop mice, the VX220 on my main machine and they work great.

I do have a strange very rare issue that sounds like yours, the pointer will sometimes bounce up and down or move really slow if I move the mouse left to right. this happens very rarely and usually when this happens my desktop is freaking out slightly. Example would be the task bar on the bottom right, all the icons will disappear and the running tabs on the taskbar would overlap or disappear as well.
Ending the Explorer process and running it again fixes the issue. This has happened 2 times in 6 weeks, the second time was last night (6 weeks is how long I have been running Vista on this machine).
my machine runs 24/7.

I run two systems with windows vista 64bit, the only problem I have with logitec and vista is during strart up I can not select safe mode or regular mode. But i thik this might be caused by the system itsself.

Back