Knoppix linux boot cd

kwmarc

Limp Gawd
I just downloaded the 699MB ISO file off of the knoppix website for their cd version of windows. I cannot get this cd to boot for the life of me. I have tried extracting the WinRAR 699MB file and burning those files/folders onto a cd and it wont boot. I tried just burning the single 699mb file over to the cd and it still wont boot. Yes, i have it set to boot to my cdrom in the bios. Anyone use this distro yet and can supply some help?

Do you have WinISO or Nero? You're supposed to burn the image (.iso) onto a cd.

There should be a 'burn image' option in your cd writing software. Do that and the point to the iso you downloaded. Do not make a regular data disc.

K, i got it to work, but now when i get into the desktop environment, how do i change the resolution? Can you do this on a linux boot cd? I am having a hard time getting the windows to come into view and i need a higher desktop resolution. The help file doesnt seem to help much...?

press F2 to get a list of the codes you can use when booting

knoppix screen=1280x1024 splash

^ for instance this will let you boot at 1280x1024 resolution, and give you a splash screen instead of all that text.

You can change resolution on the fly by pressing CTRL + ALT + + (plus key on numberpad), but max imum reolution shoudl be set by a cheatcode when you boot.

Cool thanks for the replies! Also, is there a way to disable that annoying "STD" can logo on bootup? Any tutorials out there for a linux newbie that anyone recommends?

Back