knoppix burn

tshontikidis

Limp Gawd
I have knoppix 3.3 i believe from a very long time ago, and i would got the newest version 3.7, just because it comes in handy from time to time.

Now the first copy i got was from an older friend of mine when i was like 13 like 4 years ago. so this is the first time making the cd my self

now i thought all i needed to do was download the iso from a site than burn it on to a cd. well it didnt work.

i have DL it and put it as a WinRAR file, but i believe it is an ISO and burnt that.
than i tried unpacking it and burning the files on, didnt work.

i just need how to burn the Knoppix so it is bootable(because it is a live CD)

thanks

I like to use Fireburner. Its made just for ISOs.
I have made many live CDs with that program.

ooo sorry i should have clarified, i use nero. So if some one knows how to create the cd with nero, that would be a great help

thank

yea, i burned it as an ISO, but it my computers would not boot to it, so i was wondering maybe if i needed to follow other steps.

i dunno, will it make a difference if nero has to finalize the cd after burning becuase there is not enough space.

alright, i read the link you gave me, i think i see where i went wrong, ill try it when i go home.

thanks man.

go put the CD in the drive (in windows) and look at it's contents. If it's just the iso sitting there you burnt it wrong :)

If all of the files are there, then check to make sure that your computer is booting from CD.

Also, when burning isos, there's no need to touch winrar at all, just use nero startsmart (or whatever nero setup you use), "Burn CD Image", change the dropdown list of filetypes so it finds isos, select your iso and go.

Back