• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Kmixer error

RBremen

n00b
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
59
I built a system for a friend, basic specs:

Barton 2500 oc 3200
1 gig ram
9800 Pro
Audigy 2 soundcard
etc..

I tested the system for about 2 weeks before delivering it and never came up with any problems in games or apps. Recently he mentioned that every time his kids have played Bejeweled or Atlantis he gets a bluescreen with a kmixer error. Sometimes this causes a reboot sometimes not. I've reinstalled the soundcard drivers and video drivers but the problem persists. It's only during these games that any instability happens. I've done some research and it seems to be a problem that was common 2004/2005 but nothing recently. There was also no mention of a specific fix. Any ideas??

Thanks,
RBremen
 
It's an Abit board...I think NF7-S2. I'll need to double check. What I don't understand is that it was working fine for games etc while I tested it but later on went belly up. I'm going to do a clean install and see what happens. Damn frustrating because I don't have the block of time I need to fix it....30 minutes here and there. I think the kids and wife may have gotten to it...
 
Back
Top