Klipsch vs. Logitech z-2300

firebyyrd

Gawd
Joined
Apr 27, 2006
Messages
643
Can someone help me decide which of these speaker sets are better?
Also it would be great if you could weigh the pros and cons from each.

Thanks.

I used to own a Klipsch 2.1, and I'm wondering if the Z-2300 would be any better, or if I should buy another Klipsch 2.1
 
At work I use the Klipsch 2.1's, and my brother owns the Z-2300's. I would have to vote for the Logitech's. They seem to top out at a higher volume without being distorted and just have better sound overall. I always have problems with Klipsch's design of their volume knob with it getting dust in the contacts. It makes a freaking annoying loud crackling noise whenever you turn up and down the volume. I've never had that problem with any of my Logitech speaker products. It only seems to happen on any set of Klipsch speakers I've used, lol. I think you can pick up the Z-2300's for cheaper as well.
 
I have the z 2300s, I bought them instead of the Klipsch speakers mainly because they were heavily discounted in store. I got them for $70 or something. Anyways, mids and highs are pretty good, but lets talk about bass for a second.

Some things to note are that I have the sub under my desk, which is against a wall. The desk is basically a flat top, with two solid sides for legs, so no opening. This probably has an effect with my problems, as it amplifies the bass. So what does it sound like? For the most part, it's alright, but it becomes a bit too heavy and muddy sometimes, especially in songs with crazy bass like Tool. The sub doesn't seem to be able to keep up. Turning down the bass control helps somewhat, though.

I haven't listened to the Klipsch though so take it for what it's worth.
 
Heard both... bought both...

In my opinion, I think that the Klipsch are more articulate in the treble region, but it comes at the cost of the midrange... which I think is overpowered by the tweeter. The Logitechs are a little more dull in the treble region, but I think for regular applications, the Logitech give a more "balanced" sound because it is a single driver system.

Just my 2 cents. Both are good, but the Logitechs are cheaper and are pretty good.
 
skadebo said:
I have the z 2300s, I bought them instead of the Klipsch speakers mainly because they were heavily discounted in store. I got them for $70 or something. Anyways, mids and highs are pretty good, but lets talk about bass for a second.

Some things to note are that I have the sub under my desk, which is against a wall. The desk is basically a flat top, with two solid sides for legs, so no opening. This probably has an effect with my problems, as it amplifies the bass. So what does it sound like? For the most part, it's alright, but it becomes a bit too heavy and muddy sometimes, especially in songs with crazy bass like Tool. The sub doesn't seem to be able to keep up. Turning down the bass control helps somewhat, though.

I haven't listened to the Klipsch though so take it for what it's worth.
I have the same bass problem with my Z-5400 but after placing the woofer away from the wall and not under the desk, the bass becomes much better.
 
ah.. they're a little out of my budget.

anyhow to update I went with the Klipsh 2.1. It came out to be only 107. for a brand new set at best buy.. so it's the best buy :)
 
Viramor said:
Both the Klipsch and logitech have issues with mid range, which is over compensated with the sub.

I'd suggest neither if you are looking for audio quality over your sub booming all the time, look into some Swans M200's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836136102

Although both sets may have issues with the midrange to an extent, the midrange is not compensated for by the subwoofer. I think you are referring to the midbass, which is compensated by the subwoofer.
 
Back
Top