• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Klipsch [Ultra] subwoofer question

djoye

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
3,179
I'm researching PC speaker setups and I'm curious about the Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 setup. My main concern with computer speaker setups is the subwoofer. I haven't touched PC speaker systems in years because in the past the subwoofers SUCKED; maybe they were just boxed mid-woofers. They always seemed to be 5.25" or 6" woofers, bleh.

Well, uhh, anyway...

My home theater currently has an 8" Polk Audio subwoofer that does a pretty good job at producing low, clear, full bass. When playing DOOM3, if the environment becomes noisy and I'm wondering if more creatures are spawning, I can always clearly hear the low rumble of the spawn sound effect from the Polk subwoofer; can I expect the same from the Klipsch subwoofer? I see from the specs that it's a dual 8" setup that's actually rated more powerful than my Polk sub but I'm still curious.
 
The sub(s) in the Ultras are insane...thats all I can say. I have to keep it at 0 ( goes from -9 to 15 ) just to stop the house from shaking
 
Agreed.

The Klipsch has an awesome subwoofer. Has a gutsy low bass that penetrates.
The midrange of the sattelites is the only weak spot, people like to swap them for good sounding bookshelf speakers for really nice balanced sound.
 
BBA said:
Agreed.

The Klipsch has an awesome subwoofer. Has a gutsy low bass that penetrates.
The midrange of the sattelites is the only weak spot, people like to swap them for good sounding bookshelf speakers for really nice balanced sound.

Yeah, the highs are great, but the mids are seriously lacking....I'm replacing my sats w/ Primus 150s...
 
Thanks for the good replies. I was actually afraid that someone would say something negative about the mid-range because, while I've heard a very limited number of "cube" speakers, none of them had a good, full sound.
 
Back
Top