• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Klipsch Replacement Amp...

Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
810
Kinda on the fence as to the proper location for this post so move if necessary.

I have the typical failed Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 PC speakers. I've already gone the route of having Eliot fix the AC/DC converter and other parts about two years ago and I don't want the sink the money into this again. Eventually I'll get a proper receiver. The current issue seems to be on the board after the AC/DC converter. Anyway. So I'm going to replace the built in amp system with a few Lepai 2020A+ t-amps. I already have three and will be getting fourth then a mono amp for the sub. I also have the ProMedia 4.1 system where I'm taking some speakers to make a 7.1 or 7.2 system. I digress.

Point of this is, I don't want to have a power strip with four different wall warts plugged into it because it's taking up all the plugs and a lot of fat transformers clogging up the space. There *should* be a way to get a power supply wired up to the four t-amps in parallel(?) (need about 14v, 5A for each t-amp) to just need one power socket. I'm not an EE and I haven't use my EE classes since college.

Has anyone gone this route and tried the same thing? Also, any recommendations on a quality, clean power supply to achieve my goal?

Thanks!
 
Back
Top