Klipsch Promedia + Console / or other device

VX1

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 13, 2001
Messages
263
I have a set of Klipsch Promedia 5.1's sitting around collecting dust because I just use headphones while on the computer.

I want to hook these up to a console Xbox/GC. Someone mentioned a Creative product DDTS-100? Seems hard to find / phased out. What else is out there to help me hook these speakers into something useful. Looking in the $50 - $150 price range. I know tech but speakers / receivers / amps / and such aren't my thing. Be sure to include any cabling that may be necessary. I googled I didn't find much.

Thanks,
 
Well if all you want to do is hook them up there's a much much cheaper solution. Just go down to radio shack and buy a female RCA (red/white) -> female stereo minijack cable and you're good to go. That is assuming you're just using stereo out and not optical or coax(does the GC even have that?), which would most likely be better than the promedias anyway. This will also cut out the TV's speakers from the equation unless your TV has some audio out ports that work in tandem with the built in speakers. No matter what it shouldn't take more than a couple of cables to get it working.
 
Well the speaker system consists of Front R/L Input, Rear L/R Input, and Center/Sub Input, so the converter you suggested would only utilize one of the 3 inputs the speakers have. I would rather have a solution that can fully utilize the speaker system.

Thanks for the suggestion non the less.
 
Haha right, I totally missed the 5.1 there, I've got the 2.1's set up that way, sorry for the brain fart.
 
Back
Top