Klipsch Promedia 4.2 questions

viivo

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 7, 2005
Messages
1,709
I just bought another Promedia 2.1 set and had some questions.

Everything is set up correctly and I get surround from the rear speakers. The problem is that the sub for the rear speakers is basically never used since that set is only getting the separate surround audio. Is there some way to either share the front audio with it without having to make it 4 speaker stereo? I have tried that already, setting two outputs on my soundcard to front audio and it sounds terrible. The semi-surround quadraphonic sounds much nicer, except only the front sub is being used.

Also, has quality gone down on these? My old set, which I bought direct from Klipsch, has a much heavier sub (by at least 3 pounds) than this newest set which I bought at Best Buy (I know, I hate BB too but I couldn't pass up a $129 sale.) There's also no power switch on the new sub, no external fuse, and the control pod knobs somehow feel more delicate. I hope they switched to a different power supply that is lighter and doesn't affect performance, but being cynical is much more fun and less disappointing.

I have to admit though that the new satellites sound better. I don't know what they did to the crossover but they sound, I don't know, bolder, than my old broken-in sats.
 
Back
Top