• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Klipsch Promedia 2.1's

AltTabbins

Fully [H]
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
20,486
So I got these as a trade for putting together a computer. They guy who traded them to me was out of cash and said these were worth about $150 (to cover my time). I was a little pissed off until I hooked them up.

WOW.

Going from JBL Creature speakers to these was like a night and day difference. The sound is so rich and the sub (barely turned up) mixes so well with the rest of the sound. Just having real speakers instead of 2 tweeters on my desk made a world of difference. Even my low quality mp3's sound better and im catching sounds that I didn't even know where there from using my old speakers or my logitech headset.

Sorry about the "cool story bro" thread but im kinda giddy, I wanted to get it out of my system, and my wife really couldn't care less.
 
Hrm. Their 2.0 set is nice, because they use a class-d amp, so its clean. They quote power figures at 5% THD, so you never want to turn the volume to 11. Also, the crossover is at 5KHz? Thats very strange, right in the middle of the musical frequencies where it will mess with phase and other distortion.

Anyhow, I'm sure they sound very nice compared to the usual suspects. Just keep the amp down or you'll be listening to noise :)
 
i've had my klipsch 2.1's for about 7 years now. i recently moved into my own home and set these up on my main pc instead of the z-5500's (which i bought mainly for the 5.1 in games) These are amazing speakers man. enjoy!
 
For PC speakers, they are sweet. And when they're free, hey hey!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top