• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Klipsch-ProMedia 2.1 Speaker

Tark

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
238
I don't have he post count to post in the Hot Deals section but I figured I'd mention here that the Klipsch-ProMedia 2.1 Speakers are on sale now at Best Buy for 119.99 with 97 cent standard shipping. Also if you get there through Bing Cash Back these is an extra 5%. I just ordered me a set and they seem to come up frequently in this forum.

Tark
 
Seeing as how they are like 7 years old and I got my set for $80 2 years ago, I don't see this as a deal at all.
 
My mistake, I thought it was a decent price based on what others have said they paid. I ordered me a set as I have not seen them cheaper lately.

Tark
 
There are much better, more modern, less problem prone speakers for around that price.

Not to mention MUCH better sounding.
 
@criccio

Do you care to share which speakers you are referring in you comment, as I too am looking to replace my Logitech Z-5300s.
 
There are much better, more modern, less problem prone speakers for around that price.

Not to mention MUCH better sounding.

I don't know about that. Speaker technology hasn't changed that much in the last 9 years. These are priced well and if someone found them new for $80, then that was a steal. They're still really good speakers.
 
There are much better, more modern, less problem prone speakers for around that price.

Not to mention MUCH better sounding.

Funny, I recall a time when the [H] eagerly recommended the ProMedia 2.1 as a great buy.
 
From what I have the read here in the forum the complaint is usually the amp, not the sound quality.
 
I don't know about that. Speaker technology hasn't changed that much in the last 9 years. These are priced well and if someone found them new for $80, then that was a steal. They're still really good speakers.

you could probably re-state to that as something more like "50 years" and still be more or less accurate

for example: the stuff PWK was building by hand is barely different from what we're seeing today (and for added irony, most of his 1940's era designs are still sold today, and still considered excellent products)

snufykat is correct, the primary complaint is the amplifier's longetivity, personally I've had a pair of PM 2.1's since 2003 with no complaints, and somewhat doubt the claim that "all units will fail", although I'm not saying they're entirely without issues, YMMV
 
Funny, I recall a time when the [H] eagerly recommended the ProMedia 2.1 as a great buy.

Me too. And 2.0 bookshelves existed then too...weird.

Snufykat said:
From what I have the read here in the forum the complaint is usually the amp, not the sound quality.

No, as of late it's become popular to poo-poo on the sound quality simply because they are computer speakers. The most prominent sets with amp problems were the PM 5.1/Ultra 5.1's. The 2.1s weren't immune to the problem but you tend to see far more trouble out of the 5.1 sets (probably because of higher temps, which seems to be the primary cause of failure).
 
I just went back to the link and you are right they are back up to 154.99. Mine are due to arrive here on Wednesday. I took advantage of the 97 cent shipping and the $6 Bing CB is already showing in my account.

Funny thing is if you search Bing Shopping with 'Klipsch-ProMedia 2.1 Speaker' it still shows $113 $120 (Best Buy)Bing cashback · 5% .

Tark
 
snufykat is correct, the primary complaint is the amplifier's longetivity, personally I've had a pair of PM 2.1's since 2003 with no complaints, and somewhat doubt the claim that "all units will fail", although I'm not saying they're entirely without issues, YMMV

I've had mine since 2001 and used them A LOT for at least 300 days a year.
 
Mine came a day early so this is their first day in service. So far I am pleased with the purchase.

Tark
 
I am still impressed with the 2.1 promedia setup even to this day. Had some for years, and they are now my garage speakers, and I still love em.
 
Back
Top