Klipsch or Logitech

Jasonx82

Supreme [H]ardness
Klipsch ProMedia ultra 5.1 Personal Audio System

or.

Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Speaker System w/Digital Hardware Decoder

Im debating on which speakers to get for my new system. I will be using an Audigy 2ZS. What would you guys choose? Pro's and Cons? :) thanx for all suggestions and replys :D

If you don't plan on hooking these to an Xbox, I would go with the Klipsch... Reason being, the Logitech's have a Dolby decoder built into them. I haven't heard the 5500's yet, so no comment in that area of them. :)

I love my Promedia 2.1's... ;)

I would get the Klipsch. The subwoofer on my friend's older 4.1 version shook the house to its foundations, and you could hear every subtle nuance of the sounds...I can't imagine anything better unless you feel like spending 8 grand at Bang & Olufson.

Z-5500's for many reasons. The control pod, the decoder, the hookup options.. etc. They both sound good, so good they sound the same to me. But I picked the Z-5500 for the options. Just like I picked the Z-680's over the las Klips.

Klipsch. The best logitechs I have heard were the 680's, and I thought the ProMedias would be much better. The only reason I would see to get the Logitechs over the PM would be if you are hooking them up to something besides your computer that had digital out.

I've never run Logitech speakers, but I've got the ProMedia 2.1 system, and I'm very happy with it. For what it's worth.

Only a fool buys speakers without lisening to them. Listen to them both and see which one you like the most.

I listened to the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra at BestBuy it blows everything away... I guess its Klipsch :p now to beg my gf to dish out 360.00+ for speakers woohoo =P ;) :p Thanx for all suggestions

Haha, I just spent around $1500 on building a new system and my gf didn't say shit :)

ok Made up my Mind, Klipsch most likly but how do they compare and which would you get Klipsch 5.1 Ultra or Creative GigaWorks S750? :) Probably first and last time spending this much cash on speakers so might as well get the nicest. :p

Ok Just ordered mine for 321.99 shipped. Is it a retail box you would buy from best buy? or is it repackaged and a modified version for Dell? Is this a stupid question maybe but 300+ for speakers is making me a lil crazy.. :p ;) :D

Triath said:
I just bought a set for $297 at dell.com, maybe the sale/deal is still going.

Btw, I ordered it monday, and it came tuesday! :D (Standard Ground too)

Edit - Indeed, http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A0241925

Yeah, I got Klipsch speakers and my cousin had the Z-5300's.

He returned them cause he said the Logitech sub was shit. To boomy, even on lowest volume.

YAY Got off the phone with Dell My KLIPSCH 5.1 ULTRA are coming tomorrow VIA DHL I paid 296.99 SHIPPED! :p :D now to find an audigy 2 zs

Thanx again everybody who helped me decide on Klipsch.! :)

Fantastic choice, and you're a lucky man to find them for that cheap. I've had Klipsch for 3 years now, running through the 2.1's, the original 5.1's, and now the Ultras, and I have yet to hear a better set of multimedia speakers.

Gouda said:
Haha, I just spent around $1500 on building a new system and my gf didn't say shit :)

It's not her money right? :)

Anyways I like my Klipsch 4.1. Very responsive (better than my mobile audio, fwiw) and bassy.
Rents are always telling me to turn it down. So to fix that, I've had to go into soundstorm and turn the bass all the way off, set the mids in the middle, and highs all the way on. Still sounds awesome!

Back