• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Klipsch!? OMG

HaX

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
1,916
Yea..scored some Klipsch Quintet III's @ BB... I havent hooked them up yet; however, is there a good speaker stand that i can use with these?
 
Hang them on your wall, they all come with built in wall mounts except for the center channel, atleast, that's how I set mine up.
 
Wlmart and walmart.com sell decent cheapie stands for around $30 something a pair, if you don't like them you can always return them ;)

edit: hmm, they only hold up to 2lbs, thought the ones in-store said 4lbs, ymmv...
 
If there is a speaker stand out there that cant hold up a quintet, it must be a serious POS. Those speakers aren't heavy at all. My HTD rears on the other hand need a stand that can hold 20+ lbs :eek:
 
YES! I scored the same quintet III at best buy, they are amazing speakers from what I read, but I can't hook them up yet until tomorrow how are they??

I was going to get the sub 10 also, but the last one was sold RIGHT when I got there, but some more were just put online at the BB web site w/ free shipping!

249.99 was awesome for these speakers and 199.99 is awesome for the sub too
 
same, picked up the quintet III with the sub-10. Really good deal on them, now all i need a decent receiver for 200-300 bux. Anyone have any suggestions? Something with 3 component for switching would be nice and of course sound quality.
 
CHECK OUT AN OLDER PIONEER 1015 IS THE MODEL I THINK

or look at a onkyo txsr504 or 604 i think
 
I have been partial to onkyo for cheap price with benefits/features... I have a tx-sr600 which is now the 604... but if I was you (for the price).. I would go for the 500 series... very nice receiver.

obviously.. everybody has different ideas between yamaha denon and onkyo and harmon kardon... the major thing to remember is that the receiver in a certain price range (say you want to spend 300 or 1000 on a receiver), the least important aspect is the receiver... you will hear the most difference in the speakers you choose-- so whichever you find a good deal on in your price range in any of these four brands you will be very happy and not find much of a difference in sound quality, the processing in each one in their respective price ranges are very comparable -- just remember... use good speaker wire - analog connections to speakers is where you lose most of the sound quality

hope this helps!
 
should i spring a little more for one that has HDMI for futureproofing or should it really not make much of a difference?
 
Sweet, just scored the sub off of bestbuy.com, thanks guys. I went to the store, they didn't have any and they wouldn't do any rainchecks today. I have the quintet's hooked up to a denon 3806 and just needed the sub to finish off my video game setup.
 
I guess that really depends on you.. if you plan to have an HDMI TV, then I would but be careful about certain things such as 1080p pass through or upconverting within the receiver..

If you want a well rounded future proof receiver... go with the onkyo TS-XR604 it has the most features with least expensive price tag

if you can spend a little more I would go for the denon AVR-2807 awesome receiver

for christmas I am hoping for the onkyo ts-xr804

If you are not into the more expensive receivers... the onkyo 604 is really an amazing bargain for features... it will do wayyy more than you will need it to right now-- is pretty future proof and comes in both silver and black if you care at all

the only problem is suppliers will be switching from HDMI 1.1 to 1.3 which is a larger bandwidth of info that gets sent through the wire... but really I would not expect this to be a deal breaker-- as you know as soon as you get something.. something better comes around the corner... part of the game I suppose

hope this helps!!
 
ND40oz said:
Sweet, just scored the sub off of bestbuy.com, thanks guys. I went to the store, they didn't have any and they wouldn't do any rainchecks today. I have the quintet's hooked up to a denon 3806 and just needed the sub to finish off my video game setup.


so how are they??? are the loud, do they sound cheap or pushed if you give them too much power?? please!!

also, what are you primarily using them for? music or movies?
 
Ricey said:
same, picked up the quintet III with the sub-10. Really good deal on them, now all i need a decent receiver for 200-300 bux. Anyone have any suggestions? Something with 3 component for switching would be nice and of course sound quality.
There are lots and lots of good receivers to choose from but on average the onkyo's and the panasonics XR55 and XR57 (the XR57 has hdmi conversion, not pass-thru) IMHO will give you a great bang for your dollar at the moment.

Most people first decide the features they need then begin to research receivers from there, helps to narrow the choices down (hdmi switching, amount of digital inputs, ect etc).

Tons more info at AVS and other forums.
 
i still need to get the subwoofer and a receiver then hook them up to my new 32" westy from BB
 
ok i cant decide between the panny XR57 or Onkyo SR604. Any inputs guys? :p
 
The XR57 will not pass a 1080p signal through hdmi if that is important to you. You will get 5.1 PCM audio through hdmi though. If you want a receiver that can do both 5.1/7.1 PCM audio and pass a 1080p signal through hdmi then you can look into something like the pioneer elite 81.
 
im concerned about sound quality so my original plan was to get the XR57 and later on get a HDMI switch instead. How does the Elite 80/81 sound compared to a digital amp like the XR57?
 
I will make it easy- get the onkyo-- better processing than the panny

game set and match-- bu the way if you hate it take it back and get the other one.. its no big deal at CC or BB within the 30 days!

hope it works for you
 
Ricey said:
im concerned about sound quality so my original plan was to get the XR57 and later on get a HDMI switch instead. How does the Elite 80/81 sound compared to a digital amp like the XR57?

I have the XR57 now but im ditching it for the elite 81. I like the elite 81 better when i demoed it. Of course the listening conditions are different at the store.
 
JacobC1983 said:
so how are they??? are the loud, do they sound cheap or pushed if you give them too much power?? please!!

also, what are you primarily using them for? music or movies?

They sound great for their size. I've had them for about 3 to 4 months, they were free with my reciever purchase from Best Buy (Magnolia). I needed a 5.1 system for video games in my basement so I went with the Denon 3806 and the quintets, I had been waiting for either the 10 or 12 inch sub to go on sale and when it did, I finally had a chance to pick it up. I use them with my Sony 60XS955 for playing xbox 360, ps2 and gamecube, my wife uses them for workout videos if that counts. For those of you contemplating what receiver to buy, it's great having one that does hdmi conversion, everything goes into my 3806 and it outputs it all to the tv through a single hdmi connection.
 
what do you guys think, Onkyo SR674 vs Pioneer Elite 81? They are the cheapest with HDMI conversion although the Pioneer does have THX Select2 as well. Not sure what else is different but what are your thoughts?
 
I like the pioneers myself. If the 84 would have been out in July, I probably would have bought it over my denon. Sony just released a new line as well, the 3200ES does hdmi conversion up to 1080i and it's cheaper then the pioneer. I'm not sure if the 81 does up to 1080p or not.
 
btw, which stands at walmart can be used with the quintet IIIs? Was it the atlantic universal speaker stands or the ones made bu Sanus?

Edit: Ok figured out the stands, but I was wondering. Does anyone know of Onkyo 7.1 receivers allow bi-amping?
 
tell me which stands :eek:

Also, what wires do you use to set up your speakers?
 
ok the sucker will not mount on a sanus stand. Just tried it on some i had hooked to my promedias. The way the desk stand is attached to the speaker is just weird athough i do have to say the desk stand is one of the best i've seen, rotates almost any direction. Someone try the atlantic ones and post back :p

Oh, I have some 14 gauge megacable from radioshack laying around, probably use those. If anyone can recommend some better cables lemme know.

Edit: Just read in klipsch forums that the SAT-2 stands from omnimount include a QIII bracket now. The olders didnt but if u do get a older version u can contact them for the adapter. Radio shack has them, http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=omnimount sat&origkw=omnimount sat
not sure if its the old or newer version though.
 
I want to get some Belkin PureAV High Performance speaker wire :D , as for stands...hmm I'll have to wait for my money to roll in. I get paid next week.. and have recently made 237$ on ebay. :p

It'd probably be easier to use a 2-conductor speaker wire right? hmmm but i like the belkin PureAVs...bah but that means cable management...gosh darn it

speaker spades.. those will work on our klipsch speakers right?
 
im thinking they should but if in doubt go with bananas. Im also thinkin im gonna get some acoustic research 12 gauge from bestbuy or something. Hopefully it will work nicely. Also the newer version of the stand comes with 5 adapters, 4 speaker ones and one clamp like one for the speakers that are too big or have no adapter, sounds pretty good to me, now i just got to find a place that has it.

Edit: Got the AR 12 gauge, they are very nice cables and includes 8xpin connectors. Gonna use bananas though but still its an extra plus in case i ever need them. Also got the AR sub cable for my Sub-10, very nice too and includes a y adapter. Im thinkin im gonna have to use AR more often, monster like quality at half the price.
 
Back
Top