Klipsch: Broken Connector

melteye

[H]ard|Gawd
Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Broken Connector:

The connector on the cable going from the speaker with volume control to the subwoofer. I was wondering if they sold this connector so I could simply splice it onto the end of the existing wire. Pictures below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

There is a seller on ebay that will fix your broken DIN connector. Just saw it today.

I'm pretty sure that the connector itself is still a standard DIN connector, so you really just need to find one somewhere and start soldering.

Personally I'm more interested in finding out what pinout it's using and getting a more direct connection to my sound card. The preamp blows and mine is having serious issues now with the rear channels...

Well I found a the pinouts for the 4.1 and soldered the the wires back and apparently the layout for my DIN was different from the Klipsch provided layout... Got an odd noise from the sub and no power to the speaker LED.

I believe the subwoofer and or the control unit are toast.

Would paying the $100 for subwoofer and control unit repair be worth fixing these or should I look around for new speakers?

:(

You should only need a new control unit...

Or you might be able to find out what the correct wiring is, and just change it.

BTW, if you could, I'd love to know what wiring information you were using and which model speakers you have. I've been looking for this kind of stuff for my v2.400 speakers for a while because I hate the control unit with a passion.

It was a sad day indeed when my Promedia 5.1 died (base module died) especially when I found that they only made the 2.1 now.

The DIN plug use by Klipsh is a standard off the shelf DIN. It is just a matter of finding which one and attaching the wires correctly. You could probably check E-bay for an old Klipsh set on the cheap.

Back