Klipsch 5.1's Cabling Questions

KarFai

Limp Gawd
I just ordered my Klipsch 5.1 Promedia Ultra's. Now, since they use standard speaker cabling I want to replace it with some new cabling. From what I've heard about including cables in respect to HTIB and computer speakers is that the cabling is usually pretty shotty and lower gauge then needed. I was thinking of using a roll of RCA cabling from Home Depot for them but not sure what awg i should use. I don't want to spend too much, but I want to insure that I have good cables.

I run 10 gauge for my setup at home and it seems to work nice. Just get some connectors for the ends to make the wiring easier. I ended up buying monster wiring (but non of the super expensive stuff) cause thats all the local places are carrying these days. I've also used acoustic research stuff before and been more than happy with it.

aftermarket wire will help, but IMO if you're gonna spend money, gets nice stuff like monster cable (you should be able to notice the difference). Also, be careful where you plug your ultras into, you may have some humming/hissing if they're plugged into a cheapo surge protector with other stuff.

Back