• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Klipsch 2.1 died... advice needed..

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
6,996
So here is the question. My Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system decided to die a few weeks ago and I have been using my Creative Labs 5.1 headphones. Should I replace them or should I go with a custom setup or just invest in a nicer headphone setup? I have a small desk so space is an issue.
 
I think deciding between using headphones or speakers is completely up to you. Everyone has their own preferences and needs. I like powered monitor speakers personally, and you can always add a sub if you lack bass. They are usually small enough for any desk and sound good when you sit right in front of them. How much do you want to spend? What will you be listening to?
 
$100-200 - less is better obviously but I don't mind spending a little bit for a decent setup.

Gaming mainly & some movies. I have a SVS powered sub sitting a few feet from my PC. It is tied into my home theater right now. Is there someway to tie that into a dual setup - PC & HT? Both wouldn't be in use at the same time... I don't have a sound card - just the onboard sound on the Mobo in my signature btw.
 
You should get a sound card such as the ASUS Xonar DGX. For the monitors check out the M-Audio AV40. Im not sure if you can get the sub working with both systems.
 
Back
Top