• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Klipsch 2.1 + Bose sub?

kuyaglen

[H]F Junkie
Joined
May 15, 2002
Messages
9,298
I got a pair of Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 and I also got this older Bose sub that were not using and am wondering if I'de be doing any harm to my 2.1's if I connect the Bose sub in between the satellites and the Klipsch sub.

bose_sub.jpg


-Thank You.
 
no harm is gonna be done at all, I tried this already. (logitech + older sony sub)

Anyways, BUT you won't get much bass at all...... You know why? If I am not mistakened...
the Klipsch's amp uses a crossover so that it does not send the satellites full range sound, only .. I am guessing 100-120hz freq. .....so the lower frq-- 100 and under, which is all the bass is, is not gonna be sent to the sub...

Unless I am wrong and the extra sub somehow bypasses this. But I am really confident I am correct.
 
yeah the Klipsch bypass thing. You won't get any bass from it, but its worth a shot... Plus depending on the frequencies and specs on klipsch sub and bose sub, the sound will be unmatched... You're better off selling the sub to me, or finding an amp and a couple satelites to use it elsewhere :)
 
aZn_plyR said:
the Klipsch's amp uses a crossover so that it does not send the satellites full range sound, only .. I am guessing 100-120hz freq. .....so the lower frq-- 100 and under, which is all the bass is, is not gonna be sent to the sub...

Unless I am wrong and the extra sub somehow bypasses this. But I am really confident I am correct.

Actually not quite.

The Klipsch sub will send a signal with frequencies much lower than 100-120. How low, I dont know. But I know for a fact that it hits atleast 45-50hz.

This is all because you can hook up a regular bookshelf to a klipsch promedia amp and get as low as the bookshelves go. However, I never hooked up floorstanders to a promedia amp so I dont know the full extension of its FR.
 
Don't connect your leet Klipsch to something that was used with speakers that had no highs and no lows........
 
So this weekend I finally got around to putting this sub in series with the 2.1's. This sub is delivers smoother bass at higher levels than the Klipsch sub. Now songs with bass tracks that sound like farts (when turned up) from the Klipsch are handled with ease. Now I set the bass volume to almost 7:00.

Yeah me. :cool:
 
Use the klipsch wired directly to the PC sound source. Connect the Klipsch sattellite speaker outputs to the Bose sound system subwoofer and from there to either the bose or klipsch sattellite.

Basically the Bose subwoofer you have is a passive crossover with a bass driver in it, designed to act as the low frequency half of a two way speaker system. It will route mid-high freq to the sattellites and mid bass/low bass that may be in the speaker outputs from the klipsch to the sattellites.

At the worst it may make too much bass, but more likely it wil simply l fill in the midrange that the Klipsch sattellites lack. It will not effect the high frequency sound the Klipsch speakers produce, they will sound teh same if connected directly to the Klipsch or not.

After reading your follow up post...I guess you figured this out already. :D
 
BBA said:
At the worst it may make too much bass, but more likely it wil simply l fill in the midrange that the Klipsch sattellites lack.

So far the only bad thing is that I have to find out whats making this vibration sound comming from one of my shelves. I've yet to try out bass only tracks...and tonight I got a cal match so BF2 is gonna be turned up.
 
Back
Top