Kit water loss issue solved.

ProOC

Limp Gawd
I have a swiftech kit on my athlon and it works great, but I have had a little issue.
You may have read my thread here explaining some water loss...

Click Here!

I went to fill the kit again because it had air all up in it due to water leaking out and I found that there was a leak in the pump area. I have the older mcp300 pump from swiftech. In the velcro stuff under the pump I saw some green like the hydrx is and I took some tissue paper and stuck it on the velcro and it absorbed some green liquid, so sure enough theres a leak in the pump area. I don't have control over the fittings where it could be leaking because it's attached to the fill and bleed etc. I never tampered with them due to that fact. So is the unit deffective, I mean it must be.

What do I do? Thanks all.

Luckily I have this pos laptop to post this on. :D

How old is the kit? Pump only last so long...

Can you tell exactly where it's leaking? Use the tissue again. If it's where one thing screws into another, you can take it apart and apply some thread sealant. In other spots, a little gasket sealant or some Plumber's GOOP will do the trick.

The kit is maybe 5 months old. I guess I will take it apart and examine it more thoroughly. I have just noticed there is a small leak. Haven't really found out the exact spot it is seeping out. I'll check it out though and let you know.

Back