Kingwin

I have a hard time believing that this kit will be very effective. Especially when you have it in its bay surrounded by optical drives or whatever else. If your looking for a decent kit take a look at what Swiftech has to offer or the EXOS external systems are nice. The new one is a little pricey but the original has come down in price nicely.

there is an updated version that has a stronger pump, and mounts for the s775,

there is a handful of guys over @ sfftech that has that in the shuttle,

one guy has 6800gt/[email protected] i think, runs great, temps not the best, but for the price yes

Sideroxylon said:
I have a hard time believing that this kit will be very effective. Especially when you have it in its bay surrounded by optical drives or whatever else...

I've heard it recommended that you have the drive bay above and below the main unit empty, for better airflow to the main radiator. Also, I'll second paulmofyourhand's recommendation to get the Evercool WC-202 (the Kingwin unit you linked to is a rebadged Evercool WC-201) for the stronger pump, better hose barbs, flow indicator, and 775 clips..

Actually I have been tempted to run it in my SFF shuttle also. I use a "real" watercooling setup for my main system but this would probably cool a northwood and a ATI9800 down decent enough to reduce the noise of my SFF.

thanks guys...only problem is here in toronto watercooling isn't as easy to find
but i'll keep looking

killernoodle....that solves my problem right there
the noise will kill me just like the volcano 9 did before

renegadez said:
thanks guys...only problem is here in toronto watercooling isn't as easy to find
but i'll keep looking

Hey, head to
BigFoot Computers. They have pretty much everything you may need to set up a good DIY kit.

As for the Kingwin, I ran it for a while, and while it gave me 200mhz more in overclocking, allowed me to run my system quieter and more stable, it isn't the highest performance kit. It's a good kit to get your feet wet, but in my pursuit of better performance and quieter computer, I've replaced almost everything in that kit (pump, resovoir, blocks). Only things I'm still running is the Radiators (and I think I'm going to order a bonneville core to replace it).

In short, if your not going to be extremely hardcore, and want a quiet solution to your otherwise noisy air cooling at this point, then it's well worth the money.

If you want hgher performance and much better temps, go diy.

If i were to start again watercooling, I'd get a C-Systems 750 Mark II Pump ($60), a Swiftech Bayres ($35), a Swiftech WaterBlock MCW6002 ($60), a Bonneville core ($55), 2x 120mm fans ($40), shrouds ($30) = $255 + tax. (All CDN).

killernoodle said:
The C-System pumps have problems. The laing is a better choice.

Actually he has a point, I had to exchange mine. New one works well enough though

Back