• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Kingwin AWC-1 in a Shuttle XPC

hypernikes

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 26, 2002
Messages
144
I ordered my Kingwin AWC-1 WC kit yesterday that I plan to put in my Shuttle XPC system and I'm just wondering how I should set it up. Since kingwin kit is a rebadged evercool kit, I was looking at the evercool website and looked at the instructions. With their instructions, the kit should be configured like this:

(5.25 Pump/Rad) ---> (GPU Waterblock) ---> (CPU Waterclock) ---> (2nd Radiator) ---> (5.25 Pump/Rad)

Wouldn't this be better? This is my first watercooling attempt.

(Pump/Rad) ---> (GPU Waterblock) ---> (2nd Radiator) ---> (CPU Waterclock) ---> (Pump/Rad)

Basically there would be a radiator between each waterblock and the water would be cooled before each waterblock. Or is it more efficient to cool the water with 2 radiators in a row? Have any of you with this wc kit experiment with the ordering?

If I mount the 2nd radiator/fan in the back of my shuttle, there might be enough room to put a more powerful pump inside my shuttle. The main con about this kit seems to be the lack of power (gph) from the pump. If I do get another pump, it would be the CSP750 which should be small enuogh to fit in my shuttle. I was thinking of maybe using it with the kingwin pump.

Would a 2nd pump add more difficulty trying to bleed the system of air bubbles?

I was thinking about possible configurations with two pumps. If I make modifications to the inside of the 5.25 bay, I can make the pump and radiator inside the bay, seperate items by adding in some y connectors.

........................................ ---> (5.25 Pump) --->
........................................|..............................|
(2nd Rad) ---> (5.25 Rad) ---|..............................|---> (GPU) ---> (CPU) ---> (2nd Rad)
........................................|..............................|
........................................ ---> (Ext. Pump) --->

Or:

........................................ ---> (5.25 Pump) ---> (CPU) -->
........................................|.............................................|
(2nd Rad) ---> (5.25 Rad) ---|.............................................|---> (2nd Rad)
........................................|.............................................|
........................................ ---> (Ext. Pump) ---> (GPU) --->

Which one do you think would be better? Or are there other possibilites that I haven't thought about?
 
ditch the kingwin kit and stick with the ice. The evercool wcing thing is a pos, you will get better temps with the I.C.E.
 
Erasmus354 said:
ditch the kingwin kit and stick with the ice. The evercool wcing thing is a pos, you will get better temps with the I.C.E.

Already installed the kingwin kit but haven't bought the second pump yet. My CPU temp for load and idle is 8-10 degrees cooler. Everyone that has installed the kingwin in their Shuttle XPC have experienced better temperatures. ICE is good for normal use but will not give better temps than Kingwin. Besides, I'm overclocking my CPU and video card.
 
Generally, the order you put your rads and block will make almost no difference. But that tiny weak internal pump produces such pitifully low flow that it may help (by a degree or two) to put it pump/rad->gpu->rad2->cpu->pump/rad.

If you add an external pump, you should disable/bypass the internal pump. It's so weak that all it will do is restrict and impair the flow from a real pump.
 
HeThatKnows said:
Generally, the order you put your rads and block will make almost no difference. But that tiny weak internal pump produces such pitifully low flow that it may help (by a degree or two) to put it pump/rad->gpu->rad2->cpu->pump/rad.

If you add an external pump, you should disable/bypass the internal pump. It's so weak that all it will do is restrict and impair the flow from a real pump.

I was thinking about disabling the kingwin pump all together as well but so far the results have been ok with just the default kit. I wasn't expecting too much but it gave me room to overclock more.
 
Back
Top