Kingwin 120mm Long Life Bearing Case Fan $2.99 at Microcenter

zero2dash

Supreme [H]ardness
On sale again, online and in store. Fairly hot deal (IMO) if you can pickup.
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0325743

Just picked up 4 of these to fill up a Nxzt Gamma build I'm doing for a friend; quiet and cheap was the objective. $13.09 out the door.

They're definitely quiet; obviously only being 950rpm, they're going to be quiet. The airflow spec is pretty close; they push less air than my S-Flex SFF21E (@ 49cfm), but I'd say (putting them side by side and feeling the air on my hand) they could possibly do their rated 40cfm.

Normally I'd order some Yate Loons from Jab-tech but these were cheaper to buy and pickup in store than pay for 4 Yates shipped from JT.

They will make very good case fans for either intake or exhaust; I don't know that I'd put them on a heatsink with any real high expectations (versus a Yate High, an S-Flex F/G, or a Noctua P12)...but if you need cheap case fans (to use now or throw in a drawer as a backup), well here you go. ;)

I formerly worked for a Kingwin reseller, it's pretty much bottom-shelf stuff.
"Long Life" = crappy sleeve bearing = 1-2yrs useful life MAX.

But, for $2.99, you can replace them 3+ times before you hit the price of a decent-brand ball bearing fan.

I formerly worked for a Kingwin reseller, it's pretty much bottom-shelf stuff.
"Long Life" = crappy sleeve bearing = 1-2yrs useful life MAX.

But, for $2.99, you can replace them 3+ times before you hit the price of a decent-brand ball bearing fan.

I usually just re-oil them and they are good to go, the only fans I have ever actually had die and not fixable are those crappy little chipset and vga fans that they don't sell replacements for.

Back