• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Kingston Hyperx 3k 120gb Benchmark question

Stanfiem

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 21, 2011
Messages
364
I just bought a Kingston HyperX 3K 120gb SSD and Like the title says i want to benchmark the drive but was wondering if It was ok for the drive to be in use at the time of the test. I already installed windows 7 and a couple of programs and bf4. I read a thread that said SSDs should be clean and have nothing on them to properly benchmark them otherwise the numbers will be low.

I ran HD Tune Pro to get a ballpark not knowing what settings to use in the benchmark. what I remember the min read was 350mbs dread and the max read was 472mbs read the 52k Random access highest i saw was 7000iops and the max access time was .071 milliseconds.
 
Last edited:
I decided not to wait to see if it was ok and just ran some benchmarks

asdf.png


as.png


AS SSD Bench:
Seq. Read 445mbs Write 161mbs
4k read read 21mbs write 65mbs
4k-64 thrd read 132mbs write 158mbs
acc time read .17 ms write .21ms


AS SSD Copy-bench
ISO 254 mbs 4.22s
Program 108 mb/s 12.91s
Game 163 mbs 8.44s

The data sheet says this.
Sequential Read/Writes

SATA Rev. 3.0:
120GB/240GB – up to: 555/510MB/s
480GB – up to: 540/450MB/s
>
Maximum 4K Read/Write
120GB – 86,000/79,000 IOPS
240GB – 86,000/73,000 IOPS
480GB – 74,000/32,000 IOPS
>
Random 4K Read/Write
120GB – 24,000/79,000 IOPS
240GB – 45,000/69,000 IOPS
480GB – 50,000/22,000 IOPS
http://www.kingston.com/datasheets/sh103s3_us.pdf

Should i be sending the drive back or am i missing something?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top