Kingston HyperX 1GB PC4000 $258....

I sold a gig of this for 210 shipped... and it took me 3 weeks to sell it, I dont know if this is really that great of a deal. Its not bad though.

kinda cold... you used to be able to get 512 meg sticks of this all the time at BB for 100-120. They went as low as 90. Just gotta wait and see on this one.

knyghtryda said:
kinda cold... you used to be able to get 512 meg sticks of this all the time at BB for 100-120. They went as low as 90. Just gotta wait and see on this one.

when did BB sell PC4000 512mb for 90 bucks????

probably a year ago when i was able to get pc 2700 for free after an mir at office max... memory was a lot cheaper a year ago than now..

jackbauer said:
when did BB sell PC4000 512mb for 90 bucks????
I got a stick of this at bestbuy and payed ~100 bucks wasn't bad but the CAS Latency sucks on it. It tops out at like 245 too :S

Horrible for AMD users.

I have 2 of those 512mb sticks and a A64 3000 on order, why would that suck for
AMD Users? Memory bandwith potential is still huge right?

CAS latency sucks .... barely does 2.5 at 220 :|

its good if all you want is to crank the fsb, but mine maxed at 245 single stick... :\

HaVoC said:
I got a stick of this at bestbuy and payed ~100 bucks wasn't bad but the CAS Latency sucks on it. It tops out at like 245 too :S

Horrible for AMD users.

I paid ~110 for a 512MB stick 3 months ago. BTW, I sent the rebate in right away and haven't seen it yet, though it shouldn't have taken any longer then 8 weeks. I'd be wary of counting on a MIR from Kingston...:rolleyes:

wtburnette said:
I paid ~110 for a 512MB stick 3 months ago. BTW, I sent the rebate in right away and haven't seen it yet, though it shouldn't have taken any longer then 8 weeks. I'd be wary of counting on a MIR from Kingston...:rolleyes:

I bought 2 of those sticks in the same timeframe and got the rebates (1 to me) (1 to friend)
about a month later.

BTW Circuit City has this for the same price.. They have the Hyper x 512 PC400 for 129 each.

gokdog said:
I bought 2 of those sticks in the same timeframe and got the rebates (1 to me) (1 to friend)
about a month later.

Just another example of my bad luck with MIRs then... :(

Back